Silentnight deal cleared
- Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2007, Issue 5545, p58
The article reports on the possible acquisition of Cornwell Parker by Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain. The acquisition will strengthen the position of Silentnight as the largest furniture manufacturer in the country and will also combine the best known bed and furniture brands. The company...
- Cornwell Parker takeover being looked at by OFT. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p1
Reports on the possible conducting of investigations on Silentnight Holdings' acquisition of Cornwell Parker in Great Britain. Probable violation of merger provisions under the Fair Trading Act of 1973; Office of Fair Trading's invitation of comment on the acquisition.
- Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p1
Focuses on the takeover approach launched by British furniture manufacturer Silentnight Holdings for Cornwell Parker. Possible union of Great Britain's best known bed and furniture brands; Profits and sales of the combined group.
- Silentnight goes for gold. // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p8
Focuses on Silentnight Holdings' takeover approach for Cornwell Parker and its implications for the British furniture industry. Market's speculation about what Silentnight would keep out from the Cornwell Parker portfolio; Silence of Cornwell Parker chief executive Bill Simpson about the...
- The best of both worlds? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p7
Focuses on the impact of the merger of Silentnight and Cornwell Parker on the furniture manufacturing sector consolidation in Great Britain. Establishment of Silentnight Holdings chief executive, Bill Simpson, as a significant person in the furniture manufacturing industry; Gaps filled by...
- Cornwell Parker boosts profit. // Home Furnishings;May96, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p3
Reports on developments pertaining to Cornwell Parker. Quadrupling of trading profit in the six months ended January 31, 1996; Reduction of sales in the fabrics division.
- Cornwell Parker joins at the seams. // Cabinet Maker;07/24/98, Issue 5098, p5
Reports on the merger of Cornwell Parker's Parker Knoll Fabrics & Wallpapers and GP&J Baker divisions.
- Silentnight USA sale will finance UK expansion. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p4
Reports the expansion by acquisition of bed and cabinet group Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain.
- Clarkes make another takeover attempt. // Cabinet Maker;7/25/2003, Issue 5348, p4
Reports on the plans of Soundersleep holding company to buy Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain. Percentage of share planned to be bought by the company; Amount of projected money offered by the company; Impact of the acquisition plan on the performance of Soundersleep.