Sticks and Stones
- Sticks and Stones. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;02/19/2001, Vol. 69 Issue 17, p3
Presents a graph which showed how often children tease others.
- "You Really Don't Know How Much It Hurts:" Children's and Preservice Teachers' Reactions to Childhood Teasing. Landau, Steven; Milich, Richard; Harris, Monica J.; Larson, Sarah E. // School Psychology Review;2001, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p329
Examines the reactions of children and preservice teachers to childhood teasing. Differences between responses of preservice teachers and children; Impact of teasing on children; Effectiveness of a humorous response to teasing.
- sticky SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;11/13/2006, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p7
The article talks about a situation where a kid named Ryan is being teased by other boys in his school for playing violin with a small group of girls. Ryan is very good at playing the violin and loves it, but the teasing bothers him. A question about the situation and what Ryan should do is...
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;3/22/2004, Vol. 66 Issue 19, p7
Presents a paragraph-writing activity for students involving teasing among children.
- WHISKERS'S CORNER. // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Feb2009, Vol. 78, Special section 2 p4
This article asks for advice on dealing with a pupil who teased his classmate when he lost one of his front teeth.
- Fred's world. // Boys' Quest;Feb/Mar99, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p23
Focuses on name calling of persons. Reasons for name calling; Regrets felt due to name calling.
- CLEAR DAYS ON THE GEOPHYSICAL SCENE. // New Yorker;1/31/1959, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p69
The article presents a joke on the characteristics of a pet that is suited to accompany a man for space travel.
- TAKE THE BULLY BY THE HORNS. Yeo, Sammi // New Moon;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p8
Presents an article regarding the social implications of bullying and teasing other people. INSET: BULLY BUSTERS, by Lizzy Chancy.
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;3/1/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 17, p7
The article focuses on the dilemma faced by a schoolgirl who gets teased by her co-members in the cheerleading squad for playing the tuba in the school band.