Walk in Her Boots, Mr. President
- The debate rages on as the DOL ponders 4,000+ comments. // Work-Life Newsbrief & Trend Report;Jun2008, p6
The article reports the discussion between workers' advocates and the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush over the revision of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) regarding the number of time off during medical needs, as more than 4,000 comments have been received by the Department...
- Two American journalists sacked. // New African;Jan2002, Issue 403, p23
Reports the termination of two journalists in the United States. Criticisms against President George W. Bush following the terrorist attacks; Apology written by Less Daughty Jr., owner of the 'Texas City Sun' for the article against the president by the editor-in-chief of the newspaper;...
- Bush's Manufacturing Plan: Too Little Too Late? Panchak, Patricia // Industry Week/IW;Oct2003, Vol. 252 Issue 10, p7
Comments on the government plan targeting problems which affect the manufacturing sector as of October 2003, announced by U.S. President George W. Bush on Labor Day. Total number of workers who were dismissed; Protests against government inaction regarding the problems; Overview of the plan;...
- Bush Gets Busy. // Practical Accountant;Mar2001, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the efforts of United States President George W. Bush to enact tax cuts that could exceed $1.6 trillion. Possible replacement of five tax rate brackets ranging from 15% to 39.6%; Increase in the child tax credit.
- Housing Legislation Signed into Law. // Massbuilder;2008 3rd Quarter, p21
A list of the tax credits and housing provision included in the housing legislation which was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on July 30, 2008 is presented.
- Adviser: Bush Tax Credit Could Boost Mortgage Revenue Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30882, p5
Reports on George W. Bush's proposal for a 1.7 billion dollar housing tax credit program int he United States. Use of the credit with mortgage revenue bonds; Passing of the savings to homebuyers; Actual credit on the developer.
- Fueling hope. Duff, Susanna // Waste News;03/05/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p1
Reports the proposal of budget for tax credit extension by President George W. Bush in Washington, D.C. Purpose of the budget; Plan for broad energy policy outline; Incentives for increased expansion and facilities; Budget allocations.
- DEMOCRATIC LEADERS OPPOSE REVISING FMLA REGULATIONS. Schoeff Jr., Mark // Workforce Management;3/3/2008, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the controversy surrounding the proposal of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush to the first modifications to Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) that was enacted 15 years ago. The U.S. Department of Labor published a 477-page FMLA revision, which it says...
- President Vetoes FMLA Amendments Extending Leave to Families of Servicemembers, New Legislation Expected. Lewis, Jackson // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q1, p1
The article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush vetoed the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) amendments. This was to extend leave to 6 and 12 months for families to care for injured servicemembers or when called up to active duty, respectively. It noted that a new legislation is...