- No small plans. Rogers, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 23, pE35
Focuses on the challenges in establishing retirement plans for employees due to the transience of the job market. Importance of educating employees about the type of plans that they need; Strategies for accumulating funds.
- Sounds Great, But What's in It for Me? Helping Employees Understand Their Role in the Retirement Planning Process. Farnen, D. Bryan // Benefits Quarterly;2000 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p17
Discusses how a personalized retirement savings education program encourages employees to take ownership of their retirement plan. Factors motivating workers to save for retirement; Details on the retirement planning process; Delivery options of employers.
- Redesigning governance for success. ORLIKOFF, JAMES E.; TOTTEN, MARY K. // Trustee;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p14
Evaluates the efficacy of organization boards on employee retirement system in California. Structure of the board; Assessment on the needed change; Process of governance restructuring.
- Establishing a Retirement Plan for Your Company. Zall, Milton // Fleet Equipment;Sep99, Vol. 25 Issue 9, Business Management p4
Provides information on a company retirement plan. Why money invested in a retirement plan grows faster than it would outside a plan; Two basic types of retirement plans for employees; Features of the retirement plan.
- Withdrawal pains. Lee, Karen // Employee Benefit News;09/15/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p43
Looks at the efforts of employers and other groups in the United States to help employees plan for their retirement. Goal of the retirement workshops at Fleet Boston Financial; Preretirement seminars at the Sheet Metal Workers Union; Retirement education programs of the state of Massachusetts.
- 401 (a) plans offer alternatives. Wietsma, Eric // American City & County;Sep99, Vol. 114 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the creation of 401 (a) plan, a retirement plan in the United States. Benefits of the plan; Advantage of 401 (a) over other plans; Information on 457 plan.
- Monarch Marking Systems garners improvement award. // Automatic I.D. News;Nov97, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p16
Reports on Monarch Marking Systems' selection as winner in the Workforce Excellence Awards competition sponsored by the National Association of Manufacturers. Purpose of the award program; Manufacturing firms participating in the competition.
- Down market provides 'teachable' moments. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p43
Reports that economic downturn increases the concerns of employees on their financial future in the United States. Survey on the concerns of employees toward their personal finances; Percentage of portfolio losses suffered by stock market investors; Benefits of employees from retirement planning.
- Job-loss survival. Meier, Ann // Training & Development;Oct95, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p43
Offers survival tips dealing with loss of employment. Getting severance and unemployment compensation; Seeking outplacement services; Networking; Assessment of career needs. INSET: Assessing your personal needs in times of transition..