Men's Wearhouse: Tailored for Any Change That Retail Brings
- Men's Wearhouse Primes Promotional Pump. Palmieri, Jean E.; Karr, Arnold J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/10/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 52, p22
The article offers information on the shift from branded advertising campaign to price promotions, by the retailers of Mens's Wearhouse Inc. in New York. According to George Zimmer, chief executive officer, the transition from low-price brand to the promotional brand helps in improving the...
- All Dressed Up. Hazlett, Curt // Retail Traffic;Oct2003, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p18
Features the Houston, Texas-based retailer Men's Wearhouse. Number of stores in the U.S. and Canada; Plans for an aggressive low-price strategy with a new emphasis on formal wear; Higher-prices inventory liquidated.
- Promotions Spur November Sales. Pallay, Jessica // DNR: Daily News Record;12/5/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p6
The article reports on the sales performance of men's clothing retailers in the U.S. as of November 2005. Promotions contributed to sales increases. A 3.4% gain in sales was posted by the retailers according to the Goldman Sachs retail composite index. A rise in comparable-store sales was...
- GREEN CLOTHING LINE LAUNCHED. // In Business;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p9
Reports the launching of the Men's Wearhouse, a chain retailer of men's clothing. Introduction of the men's wear; Features of pants, shirts, jackets and underwear.
- George Zimmer: The King of Tuxedos. Palmieri, Jean E. // DNR: Daily News Record;11/27/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 48, p7
This article reports on the purchase of the After Hours formal-wear chain by specialty retailer Men's Wearhouse. The latter agreed to pay $100 million for After Hours. The deal is important for Men's Wearhouse, which has seen enormous growth in its tuxedo-rental business. The corporation rented...
- MEN'S APPAREL. // Apparel Market Research Handbook;2006, p26
Chapter 7 of the book "The 2006 Apparel Market Research Handbook" is presented. It provides the percentage of men's apparel sales in the U.S. from The NPD Group. It also presented a list of largest men's apparel chains from the 2004 Directory of Apparel Specialty Stores. They include The Men's...
- Retail Year Ends on Upbeat Note. Karr, Arnold J.; Weitzman, Jennifer; Tucker, Ross // DNR: Daily News Record;2/9/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the sales increase of men's wear retailers in New York City, New York in December 2003. Jos. A. Bank; Men's Warehouse; Gap Inc.
- Men's Wearhouse Profits Jump in Q3. Tschorn, Adam // DNR: Daily News Record;11/21/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p46
The article reports on the earnings of retailer Men's Wearhouse for the third quarter of 2005. Net income for the quarter increased to $24.1 million, or 44 cents per share, from $12.9 million, or 23 cents, in the same period in 2004. Year-to-date adjusted diluted earnings per share increased 48...
- Clothing Sales Improve at MW. Palmieri, Jean E. // DNR: Daily News Record;8/27/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p11
The article discusses the financial performance of men's clothing retailer Men's Weahouse during its second-quarter, which ended on August 4, 2007. In March 2007, the company stated that it expected slow tailored clothing sales to continue for at least 18 months. During its second quarter Men's...