- Ignoring the jobless. Hollon, John // Workforce Management;7/20/2009, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p34
The article comments on the business enterprises in the U.S. and how it has ignored the unemployed and continues to be shortsighted in their people practices. The author states that many organizations have decided to ignore the numerous unemployed and has continued to employ those who are still...
- Wired Workplace Demands Adjustments. // USA Today Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 130 Issue 2683, p8
Deals with the challenge posed by telecommuting to companies in the U.S.. Number of telecommuters across the U.S.; Benefits of telecommuting; Barriers to telecommuting.
- Office Extinction? Kaplan-Leiserson, Eva // T+D;Nov2002, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p14
Discusses the advantages of telecommuting for companies in the U.S. Percentage of people with an opinion that telecommuting would improve their work and lives; Names of books that provide answers to questions on telecommuting; Effect of telecommuting on the existence of regular offices.
- U.S. Businesses Adding New Employees in 2011. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;10/20/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p4
The article reports that more employees are sought by business enterprises in the U.S.
- Legal aid. Bahls, Jane Easter // Entrepreneur;Jun94, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p60
Discusses the value of retaining a competent lawyer to businesses. Consultation with legal advisors on corporate plans and transactions; Advice for shopping around for an attorney; Consideration of fees charged by lawyers and law firms.
- Latest Job Listings for Compliance, Risk Positions. // Compliance Week;Sep2010, Vol. 7 Issue 80, p73
The article lists several companies in the U.S. looking for compliance and risk positions, including Oracle Corp., Morgan Samuels Co., and LyondellBasell Industries NV.
- Untitled. // Agri Marketing;Apr96, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p76
Presents information on changes at various companies in the United States. Bryan Daniel's appointment as special project director of the National Council for Agricultural Education; Election of Burton Joyce as chairman, president and chief executive officer of Terra International Incorporated;...
- Recruiting in the global village. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Workforce (10928332);Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the strategies and techniques used by companies in the United States in searching for and recruiting employees from other countries. Shortage of qualified employees for hire in the United States; Attractions offered by employment in American companies; Challenges in tapping...
- The Challenge: Recruiting Pro-Business Candidates. Pye, Cassandra W. // San Diego Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p51
Focuses on the challenges faced by companies in recruiting pro-business candidates in the 2000 elections in the United States. Commitment to time and energy in running an elective office; Employer-sponsored candidates.