Smile and the World Shifts Gear
- Taking it personally. Ingenito // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p46
Describes how successful sales representatives keep themselves motivated despite frustrating difficulties. Enjoyment in using persuasiveness in closing a sale; Attitude toward rejection; High ego drive; Importance of cold calling; Taking of vacation to energize one's self; Listing of things...
- Motivating to develop an all-star team. Evenson, Renee // Supervision;Oct98, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p3
Provides suggestions on how supervisors can motivate their team. Supervisors' awareness on how to interact with their employees; Importance of communication; Best way to communicate with employees.
- BLURRED VISION. Penttila, Chris // Entrepreneur;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p118
Focuses on the work motivations of company owners. Discussion on the concept of self-employment; How to motivate employees; Information on the management strategy of Martin Renkis of Trainersoft.com Corp.
- Attitude is everything. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Los Angeles;Oct2010, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p4
The author discusses how a chief executive officer (CEO) could set a positive attitude in the workplace. He agrees that CEOs should be the one to instill positive energy to counter the tendency of employees to focus on the negative. Also discussed are ways to boost the energy of people by using...
- NHS managers are stressed themselves. Turpin-Richards, Betty // British Journal of Nursing;1/8/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
Presents a letter to the editor commenting on the article "It Is Important that Managers Target Stress in the Workplace," by Peter Birchenall and Alan Parish. Lack of support from managers; Need of motivation to appraise individual attitudes.
- The selling edge. Dreyfack, Raymond // American Salesman;Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p27
Provides guidelines on how sales professionals can become highly motivated. Good and bad hypes; Concern for the company; Dynamism and initiatives; Hard work; Enhancement of communication skills.
- ON EXPANDING THE ROLE-APTITUDE-SKILL-MOTIVATION MODEL OF SALESPERSON PERFORMANCE: EVIDENCE FROM DIRECT SALES ORGANIZATIONS. Pratt, Michael G.; Rosa, José Antonio; Moe, Catherine S. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1999, Vol. 10, p144
Presents an abstract of the paper 'On Expanding the Role-Aptitude-Skill-Motivation Model of Salesperson Performance: Evidence From Direct Sales Organizations,' by Michael G. Pratt, JosÃ© Almonte Rosa and Catherine S. Moe, presented at the 1999 Winter Educators' Conference of the American...
- Twenty-two ways to rediscover your job. McCormack, Ray // Fire Engineering;Aug99, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p165
Presents tips on how fire fighters can renew interest in their job, particularly when things are slow. Includes emulation of model coworker; Need to leave personal problems at the fire station; Anticipation of special tools which may be needed in the next emergency.
- A need supervisor and worker share. Nelson, Andre // Supervision;Sep92, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p17
Discusses information about the relationship between supervisor and workers. A glimpse on the relationship between the supervisor and the employee of Volvo plant in Sweden; How the supervisor can play a vital role in generating feeling in his or her work team.