Having Fun...in a Serious Way
- It's NO SECRET. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Aug2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the need for employers in the United States to draft non-compete agreements or post-employment agreements to protect their interests. Balancing of the needs of employers to protect their companies from competitors with the needs of employees to earn a living; Decline in employee...
- Food and Beverage Industry Serves Best Severance Benefits. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Dec1998, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p31
Reports on the survey conducted by Lee Hect Harrison on severance benefits in various industrial sectors in the United States. Companies which provides the best severance benefits; Calculation of severance pay; Availability of appeals processes.
- Workplace questions answered. // Hotel & Accommodation Management;Oct2011, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p63
The article presents questions and answers related to workplace relations issues including payment of long service leave for casual employees and conditions for paying redundancy payments.
- Structuring an Effective Early-Buyout Incentive. Sheehy, Daniel // School Administrator;Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p38
Presents tips for structuring an early-buyout severance plan for school personnel. Reasons for offering an early buyout severance plan; Breakdown of the percentage of participant in buyout programs; Recommendations for counseling and hiring.
- Q&A. // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p15
Presents a question-and-answer advisory related to personnel management. Application of tax deduction on severance package; Provision of interview notes to job applicants; Restructuring of remuneration packages for employees.
- Out of a Job: Outplacement and Severance Arrangements. Andrica, Diane C. // Nursing Economic$;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p35
Discusses the nature and merits of outplacement and severance arrangements for employees. Offer of outplacement services as part of a severance package; Suggestion for a severance package to be negotiated as part of an employment agreement or contract when accepting a new job; Importance of...
- Firms reject law to curb top pay. Roberts, Zoe // People Management;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the opposition of employers and human resource professionals against the decision of the British government to introduce additional legislation covering executive pay level when in 2003. Focus of the consultation paper released by the government involving severance pay-offs; Measure...
- Parting Gifts. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Jan2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p101
Presents two ways a company can benefit from an attractive severance policy. Probable restrictions on severance policy; What severance compensation may include; Suggestion before implementing a severance policy.
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: North Carolina Employment Law;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p3
The article offers news briefs related to North Carolina's District Court case as of November 2013 on topics including the Whitaker vs. Nash Rocky Mount case on retaliation in the workplace and Harris vs. Ann's House of Nuts on employees' severance payment.