Honoring HR's Brightest Lights
- Optimas 2001. Wiscombe, Janet // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p33
Looks at the companies receiving the 2001 Optimas Awards from `Workforce' magazine for their excellence in human resources management. Qualities of the Optimas awardees; Meaning of the Latin word optimas; Way to nominate an organization for the Optimas award.
- Optimas 2000. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce (10928332);Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on `Workforce' magazine's 2000 Optimas Awards, an award that honors the excellence of business organizations in terms of personnel management. Role of human resources management in the success of companies; Mission of the Optimas Awards; Process of choosing the awardees.
- News poll. // Workforce (10928332);Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p18
Features the human resources-related questions posed to users of `Workforce' Web site and their answers.
- HR by the numbers. // Workforce (10928332);Jun98, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p89
Provides information on the findings of the `A Day in the Life of HR,' survey by `Workforce' magazine. INSETS: About the survey;Not the brightest bulbs #1: The dumbest..., by Allan Halcrow;Not the brightest bulbs #2: The dumbest..., by Allan Halcrow.
- HR by the Numbers. Bryan, Nancy Wong // Workforce (10928332);Jun2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p94
Focuses on the results of the Day in the Life of HR, a survey of human resources (HR) professionals, conducted by the `Workforce' magazine for the year 2000. Statistical results; Worst crisis that HR professionals ever faced first thing in the morning; Company policies violated by HR professionals.
- Keeping up with the Joneses. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce;Jun97, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p4
Editorial. Presents the publishing awards received by the `Workforce' magazine in 1996-97. Award of the article `Save Jobs' published in the spring 1996 issue of `Worforce'; 1997 McAllister Editorial Fellowship award; Sponsors of the awards.
- From Our Editors. // Workforce;Nov2013, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p4
The article informs that annual Human Resource (HR) Technology Conference & Exposition was attended by editors of the journal "Workforce" from October 6-9, 2013. It also presents two letters to the editor on the article "Absorbing the Lessons of a Five-Year Plan" by managing editor Rick Bell in...
- Optimas Awards recognize triumphs in HR. Halcrow, Allan // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p66
Provides an overview of `Personnel Journal' magazine's Optimas Awards in human resource management. Recognition of efforts in which imagination and bold initiative have been applied to solving business challenges; Criteria for selecting winners; Selection process. INSET: Optimas categories...
- CONGRATULATIONS. // Smart Business Akron/Canton;Nov2012, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p24
An introduction to the winners of the HR Awards that is presented by the Cleveland Society for Human Resource Management and ERC is presented.