Predicting effectiveness in global leadership activities
- An ELECTRE Approach for Solving Personnel Training Selection Problem. El-Santawy, Mohamed F. // Computing & Information Systems;2015, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
An adequate personnel training have a dramatic effect on improving the employees' performance, which will be reflected on the growth and competence of the whole organization, especially in large-size and multinational companies and organizations. Training and education are designed to meet...
- The Occidental Tourist. Dillon, Linda S. // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p72
Discusses the characteristics of cross-cultural training between multinational companies in the U.S. and Japan. Work values of Japanese; Multicultural work life; Career development strategies.
- Educating a Global Workforce. Van Dam, Nick // Chief Learning Officer;Oct2003, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p17
Focuses the training of employees of multinational corporations. Ways by which behavioral changes can be achieved through e-learning; Role of e-learning in bridging the gap between global flexibility and local cultural adaptation.
- Overseas business better defined. Martinez, Michelle Neely // HRMagazine;Jun95, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the need to accustom employees to international business climates. Definition of global and international; Necessity of development programs.
- International training key to global expansion. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/17/97, Vol. 15 Issue 46, pB-1
Discusses how international companies are expanding their training services for managers and employees to do business in the broader arena. Importance given to language and culture; International diversity training at Amway Corp.; Steelcase Inc.'s international training to prepare its employees...
- A GUIDE FOR GLOBAL TRAINING. Odenwald, Sylvia // Training & Development;Jul93, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p22
Presents tips and resources for putting together a complete set of training classes for building employees' skills in working across national and cultural boundaries. Outcomes that training can produce for companies doing business in a global environment; Traits for global effectiveness;...
- Transcultural Services For Personnel Development. Abinader, Jean // Training & Development Journal;Nov76, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p37
Discusses transcultural training services that can provide key solutions to personnel development needs. Utilization of tools to enhance corporate resources for adapting to the changes which occur in overseas operations; Enabling of participants to identify and understand their capabilities for...
- Global Leaders. Sullivan, Owen // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p20
The author discusses developing leaders for global companies. Research indicates successful global leaders share several traits including social adaptability, creativity, and a talent for handling ambiguity. Commentary is presented on several applications of global leadership development, among...
- PREDICTING MANAGERS' CAREER SUCCESS IN AN INTERNATIONAL SETTING: THE VALIDITY OF RATINGS BY TRAINING STAFF VERSUS TRAINING PEERS. Hofstede, Geert // Management International Review (MIR);1975, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p43
This article presents a study concerned with the predictive validity of staff and peer ratings for leadership success. Another dimension distinguishing the present study from previous research is the influence on staff and peer ratings of language and cultural differences between staff and peers...