Graft and business in emerging economies: An ecological perspective
- Business Is Booming. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p8
The article presents an economic outlook for Uruguay. It cites the improvement in the country's business environment, with the country ranking second as the most attractive place to do business in Latin America. It mentions the country's capability to attract foreign and domestic investment. It...
- MARKET-RESPONSIVE PRODUCT QUALITY ORIENTATION AND ITS PERFORMANCE IMPLICATIONS IN CHINESE STATE-OWNED ENTERPRISES. Xiaohua Lin; Germain, Richard // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 12, p130
As formerly planned economies transition to marketbased economies, knowledge of marketing in these economies becomes increasingly important both for theory and practice. This research examines market orientation, its environmental antecedents, and performance outcomes in the context of Chinese...
- Chapter 4: Business Environment. // Philippines Business Forecast Report;2006 4th Quarter, p29
The article focuses on the business environment of the Philippines where the country was known with cheap English-speaking workforce and the common business complaints includes political upheaval, widespread corruption, and a slow-moving legal system.
- The High Dollar. // Time;1/14/1952, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p45
The article reports that the Canadian policy of minimum economic controls is paying off, given the increasing value of the Canadian dollar due to the heavy inflow of foreign investments in the country.
- The Changing Trend of FDI Patterns in China. Pei, Changhong // Chinese Economy;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p89
Provides information on a study which examined the changing trends of foreign direct investments (FDI) in China. Patterns of FDI in the nation's industries; Impact of FDI on the industrial sector; Widening investment gap among the industrial sectors; Policy issues of FDI trends after the...
- Investment Overview. // Maldives Country Review;2001/2002, p53
Provides an overview of the foreign investment policy of Maldives, as of 2001. Overall business climate; Investment plans; Absence of trade exchange restrictions or import duties on foreign investments.
- Investment Overview. // Haiti Country Review;2001/2002, p62
Provides an overview of the foreign investment policy of Haiti, as of 2001. Commitment of Haiti to modernize its investments, commercial, banking and tax codes to encourage foreign investment; Plan to encourage foreign investor participation in the management and/or ownership of state-owned...
- Investment Overview. // Cyprus Country Review;2001/2002, p59
Presents an overview of foreign investment opportunities in Cyprus. Government's adoption of a more liberal policy on foreign direct investment in 1997; Categories of foreign investment applications; Registration, re-organization and liquidation of businesses.
- POLICY INFLUENCES ON FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT. // OECD Economic Outlook;Jun2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 1, p175
Discusses policy influences on foreign direct investment (FDI) in member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). Influence of structural policies on FDI patterns; Factors that hinder FDI; Growth of FDI in free-trade areas.