Waterbury, Conn., Takeover Plan Could Begin as Soon as March 7
- Rowland rejects legislature's budget plan. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p1
Reports that Governor John G. Rowland rejects the deficit-reduction plan of the General Assembly in Connecticut. Optimism of the businessmen for an open discussion about the proposed deficit-reduction plan; Reasons of Rowland for rejecting the proposed budget; Budget deficits of the state.
- Connecticut Plans Deficit Financing. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p1
Reports on plans of the Connecticut government to issue deficit bonds to cover a budgetary shortfall. Assessment of the stand taken by John Rowland, Governor of the state on deficit financing; Reasons behind the decision of the government to issue deficit bonds; Appraisal of credit ratings of...
- Quote of the week. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p284
Presents a quotation from Connecticut Governor John Rowland comparing the stiffness of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole and Vice President Al Gore.
- New regional mall revitalizes downtown area. // Buildings;Oct97, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p22
Discusses the construction of Brass Mill Center in Waterbury, Connecticut. Construction design of the building; Purpose of the shopping center construction; Statistics on the commercial shops operating on the shopping center.
- Connecticut Ready to Take Over Waterbury's Troubled Finances. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;02/14/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31077, p34
Reports the possible taking over of the state of Connecticut on the finances of the city of Waterbury. Estimation of the city's budget deficit; Factors contributing to the problems of the city; Rate given by Standard and Poor's to Waterbury.
- Connecticut, Guarding Its Ratings, Plans 'Lean' Bonding Mainly for Education. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the efforts of Connecticut governor John C. Rowland to limit the amount of debt that the state issues each year. Proposed amount of general obligations (GOs) bonds to be issued; Amount of GOs issued in 2001-2002; Ratings of the state by some credit rating companies.
- Connecticut's Rowland Calls for Bettering Education, Urban Centers. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p4
Reports on the plan of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to use the state's budget surplus to support schools and urban renewal. Recession and self-defeating attitude in Connecticut; Praise given to the bipartisanship.
- Insurance And Financial Services Added To Connecticut 'Cluster' Program to Enhance Growth, Competitiveness. // Insurance Advocate;11/4/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 42, p22
Announces the formation of the Insurance and Financial Services industry cluster by governor John G. Rowland in Connecticut. Value given to the leadership within the insurance industry; Number of clusters formed in the state; Improvement in the competitiveness of business.
- After Long, Pitched Battle, Connecticut Settles on Budget. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p4
Reports on the two-year budget signed by Connecticut Governor John Rowland. Estimated budget surplus by the end of fiscal 2001; Programs that the budget will create.