N.J. Utility Authority Turns to State for Debt Payments
- New Jersey counties may impose waste disposal fees to pay debt. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30388, p6
Reports that several New Jersey counties plan to institute environmental investment charge at their solid waste facilities to help pay the their debt despite law suits against two counties that have imposed such fees. New Jersey's solid-waste facilities' outstanding debts; Threat of lawsuits...
- EPA revising effluent guidelines for industry. // WaterWorld;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) development of revised effluent guidelines regulating industrial discharges to surface waters. Requirements of the Clean Water Act to the agency; EPA's plans for swine and feedlots; Actions taken by EPA against cities...
- MARK IT. Hall, Rebekah A. // Waste Age;Feb2004, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p15
Lists a calendar of workshops and courses on environmental regulations and solid wastes in the U.S.
- WILL ECOLOGY KILL SMALL BUSINESS? McConkey, Dale D. // Business Horizons;Apr72, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p61
Ecological concerns have created pressing problems for the managers of small business. Already coping with immediate emergencies, including the capital requirements for day-to-day operation, they are now faced with complying with governmental regulations designed to preserve our environment....
- WasteWise Helps Businesses Save Money. Tumarkin, Jeff // World Wastes;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p15
Discusses the benefits of WasteWise program, a voluntary partnership launched by the United States Environmental Protection Agency to help businesses find practical methods for reducing municipal solid waste (MSW). Combined savings of avoided waste disposal and purchasing costs for all partners...
- Federal decision focuses on site impact, not intent. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;01/19/98, Vol. 3 Issue 35, p1
Highlights a federal ruling which provided a layout of a map for citizens groups to pursue environmental claims concerning waste and other facilities. Reference to the Pennsylvania Departmental Protection weighing whether to appeal the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decision; Comments from...
- Greater environmental concern draws local regulations, awareness. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;12/30/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p45
Presents an overview of environmental developments in Puerto Rico in the 1990s. Environmental issues; Regulation; Environmental preservation; Solid waste management.
- Citizen panels. Atlee, Tom // Yes!;Winter2003, Issue 24, p43
Describes the citizens' jury process of studying the solid waste problems of regions in the U.S. Initiatives to put forward state-level ballot initiatives that will establish citizens' juries to offer a deliberative public judgement to balance special-interest advertising; Implications on...
- Florida tackles TV, computer disposal issues. Peltier, Michael // Waste News;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p17
Focuses on Florida environmental officials' anticipation of a surge of lead-laden computer monitors and televisions headed for landfills. Development of ways to stem toxic tide; Series of studies and programs funded with state dollars; Goal of increasing public awareness.