Panelists Tell Trustees to Stay Out of the Disclosure Business
- Disclosure Role Debated For Trustees. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/28/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31086, p1
Focuses on the comments and proposals made by the attendees at the American Bankers Association's (ABA) Capital Markets Forum for Corporate Finance Professionals regarding bond indentures that define the responsibilities of trustees in the United States. Need for the ABA corporate trust...
- $18 million WCJC bond on May ballot. Halvorson, Barry // East Bernard Express (TX);2/26/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that the Wharten County Junior College Board of Trustees has voted to place an $18 million bond issue on the May 9, 2009 ballot in Texas.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY. // Modern Healthcare;05/07/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p8
Presents news briefs on medical care laws and legislation in the United States as of May 7, 2001. Increase in Medicare hospital inpatient payments; Repeal of a per-borrower cap on tax-exempt bonds issued for nonacute health care facilities before 1997; Information on a bill that establishes a...
- Issuers Question Need for Repeal of 15c2-12 Exemption. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31411, p4
Reports the doubts of municipal issuers on the necessity for the repeal of the secondary market disclosure exemption for debts in Denver, Colorado. Effect of exemption repeal on the short-term and variable-rate market; Refusal of director Monique Moyer to provide disclosure of variable-rate...
- Miami steels itself for SEC charges of faulty disclosure. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30587, p44
Reports on the United States Securities & Exchange Commission's (SEC) expected enforcement of action against Miami, Florida, in relation to the city's sale of bonds in 1995. Use of proceeds from the deal; Financial disclosure violations committed by the city at the time of the sales; Firms...
- Disclosure contract change by issuer in N.J. draws fire from lawyers. Hume, Lynn Stevens; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/12/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30413, p1
Focuses on the Borough of Buena Municipal Utilities Authority in New Jersey's changing of its continuing disclosure contract and reduction of its financial reporting requirements of revenue bonds issued in 1997. Amount reduced from the group's financial reporting requirements; Authority's...
- New York City's Law Department Seeks Bond and Disclosure Counsel. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;2/6/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33658, p6
The article reports on the request issued by the New York City Transitional Finance Authority and the New York Municipal Water Finance Authority regarding the proposals in providing bond counsel and disclosure counsel services.
- Events. // ABA Bank Marketing;Jun2012, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p35
The article notes both the September 23-25, 2012 ABA Marketing Conference and October 14-16 ABA Annual Convention will be held in San Diego, California.
- Events. // ABA Bank Marketing;Dec2011, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p37
A calendar of events related to the American Bankers Association (ABA) for February to September 2012 is presented including the National Conference for Community Bankers at JW Marriott Desert Springs, Palm Desert, California on February 19-22, ABA School of Bank Marketing and Management at...