Thomson Financial to Sell The Bond Buyer
- Thomson forms unit for computer trading. Sullivan, Deidre // American Banker;1/27/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 18, p18
Reports on the formation of the Electronics Settlements Group by Thomson Financial Services Inc. Provision for a real-time electronic trade confirmation services; Cross-border trade communications; Domestic settlement compliance; Howard P. Edelstein as head; Features of the system.
- 4A's hits newspapers' national rates. Fisher, C.; Mandese, J. // Advertising Age;6/1/92, Vol. 63 Issue 22, p40
Reports on the newspaper advertising rate disparity between national and local charges as it is at an all-time high according to a new American Association of Advertising Agencies study. Details of the survey; The national/local differential; Comments; Media buyers were disappointed by the...
- Threats vs. persuasion. // Advertising Age;6/29/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p17
Presents a commentary by Sid Bernstein stating that the National Newspaper Publishers Association believes they are not getting their share of Procter & Gamble advertising; Threat of a boycott; Unusual element of the use of a boycott to encourage advertising; Details.
- Daily newspapers. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p37
Ranks daily newspapers in New Jersey by combined circulation. Includes `The Star-Ledger'; `Asbury Park Press'; `The Record'; `Courier-Post.'
- Look for television in tomorrow's newspaper. Foisie, Geoffrey // Broadcasting & Cable;4/19/93, Vol. 123 Issue 16, p72
Looks at the possibility of bringing the news service into the video news business being considered by Knight-Ridder's Information Design Laboratory and CableLabs. Associated Press to vote on the issue; High-8 cameras used by Knight-Ridder; Features of the newspaper tablet; Advantage of this...
- Guide to N.Y. area dailies. Feliciano, Carmen // Crain's New York Business;1994 Book of Lists, Vol. 9 Issue 52, p55
Presents a guideline on the different daily newspapers in counties of New York and some counties of New Jersey; Information on the general interest daily newspapers; Circulation; Advertising rates; Number of employees; Top executive; Editors; Location of the offices of the dailies.
- High school mentors help elementary kids publish newspapers. // Curriculum Review;Jan1993, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p20
States that elementary classes in four Kansas City are producing their own newspapers with the help of Center Senior High School student journalists. How the students work in the programs; Proofreaders of the revisions; Desktop publishing program used by the students; Activities of the younger...
- Cautious optimism. Jones, Stacy // Editor & Publisher;1/4/97, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p13
Provides an overview on newspaper companies' expansion of their holdings and offerings to television, online services and specialized information companies. Tribune Co.'s acquisition of Renaissance Communications Corp.; New York Times Co.'s revamp of its New York edition; Increase in national...
- 1996 daily newspaper sales. // Editor & Publisher;1/4/97, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p38
Presents data on daily newspaper sales for 1996.