New Home Sales Fall to 921,000
- Higher prices, fewer sales in county housing market. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p8
Announces the increase in sale prices of single family houses in Westchester County, New York. Decrease in the number of houses sold for the second quarter of 1999; Median sale price for a single family house; Reduction in Westchester's housing inventory; Reduction in the number of permits...
- New home sales surge 6.1% to near-record pace. Fourcade, Marthe // American Banker;8/1/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 147, p9
Reports that US sales of new single-family homes has risen in June 1997. Anticipation of continued gains for housing and the overall economy; Standard & Poor's home builders' index; Lean inventories.
- Construction of $10 million residential project to begin. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/03/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p19
Reports that the construction of a multimillion dollar residential development in Centerville, Utah will start in August 2000. Number of single-family homes that will be constructed.
- Downtowns ripe for new apartments. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;02/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the strong market of single family housing in downtown Westchester County, New York. Factors driving the demand for apartment houses; Customers' preference for apartments near mass transits and downtown stores; Description of ongoing upscale apartment projects.
- Owners, developers, town find common ground. Warson, Albert // Planning;Aug97, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the development of planning and design guidelines for a proposed single-family home development in Markham, Ontario. Challenges faced by officials in planning; Total acreage of the development project; Handling of ownership issues.
- June New Home Sales Fall to 1.326M Rate. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p2
Reports on the decline in sales of new single-family homes in the U.S. in June 2004. Data released by the U.S. Department of Commerce; Factors affecting the new home sector.
- MGIC Analysis Finds Stable Housing Markets. // National Mortgage News;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the analysis of Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corp. over the stability of single-family housing market for the third quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Information on the national market trends index for 2002; Comparison of financial performance of the housing market between 2001 and 2002;...
- Letters to the Editor. // Appraisal Journal;Dec74, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p579
Comments on issues concerning real property appraisal. Statistical analysis of the effects of property tax and public expenditure changes on the value of residential property; Downside of using the computer in forming equations for real property appraisals; Relative tax burdens of single-family...
- Comparison of Three Residential Regression Models: Additive, Multiplicative, and Nonlinear. Gloudemans, Robert J. // Assessment Journal;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p25
Describes the results of several citywide multiple regression models developed for single-family homes in Calgary, Alberta. Purpose of the project; Background of the database provided by the city concerning sales of residential properties; Comparison among the relative merits of each approach;...