Consumer Confidence Off to 106.8 in Feb
- Consumer Confidence Index Rose in Oct. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p2
Reports on the rise consumer confidence index in the U.S. Rise of the situation index; Performance of the expectation index; Influence of the job market on the rise of consumer confidence index.
- Economic bellwether a local institution. Kosseff, Jeffrey // Crain's Detroit Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p3
Features the Surveys of Consumers, a research institution at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, that gauges consumers' financial situations and economic predictions and summarizes them in the monthly Index of Consumer Sentiment. Data-gathering and analysis techniques used for the index;...
- Preliminary Feb. U. of Mich. Index at 81.2 vs. 81.2 in Jan. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;2/18/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34061, p1
The article presents statistics related to the University of Michigan's preliminary consumer sentiment index including preliminary consumer sentiment index at 81.2 in February 2014 as compared to the final January 2014 index at 81.2, 73.0 expectations index and 94.0 current conditions index.
- Confidence index hits highest level since '60s. Gill, David // Home Textiles Today;01/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p28
Focuses on an increase in the consumer confidence index in the United States in December 1999. Increase in the percentage of consumers rating current business conditions as `good'; Low inflation; Job opportunities.
- FOUR LEADING ECONOMIC CONFIDENCE MEASURES: WHO'S OPTIMISM MATTERS? Phillips, G. Michael // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Winter2002/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
Compares the predictive ability of four commonly used measures of economic activity. Measures of consumer optimism and confidence; Testing process for each of the four indexes; Ability of the Small Business Optimism index to predict the Monetary Base; Ability of the Consumer Confidence Index...
- Consumer Confidence hits another all-time low. // Furniture/Today;3/9/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p34
The article provides information on the Consumer Confidence Index who hit another all-time low in February 2009 in New York. According to the preliminary data compiled by the Conference Board, the February index was the lowest monthly reading, which stood at 25, since the Conference Board began...
- Consumer confidence continues slide in Sept. // Furniture/Today;9/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the decline in the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index in September 2002. Impact of weak labor market conditions in eroding confidence.
- Consumer confidence rebounds. Chamberlain, Janice // Furniture/Today;1/3/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p31
The article reports that after four months of declines, the Conference Board's consumer confidence index has rebounded in December 2004, gaining 9.7 points to end the year at 102.3. The expectations index rose to 99.9 from 90.2, and the present situation index grew to 105.9 from 96.3.
- Consumers brimming with confidence. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p28
Discusses the growth of the consumer confidence index in the U.S. for the year June 2003-June 2004. Strong improvement in current conditions propelling the index to its growth; Consumer confidence by region.