Chicago Housing Inching Forward On HUD Grant-Backed Debt Issue
- Agazzi Resigns From Chicago Housing Authority. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30877, p4
Reports on the resignation of David Agazzi as chief financial officer of the Chicago Housing Authority in Illinois. Agency's plan to issue the first-ever bonds by federal housing grants in order to help finance the city's public housing.
- A Bond that Breaks New Ground. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jan2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p45
Provides information on the revenue bond issued by the Chicago Housing Authority in Illinois, in November 2001, which is backed solely by future federal housing grants. Objective of the effort; Information on the housing grant deal; Expectations on the bond.
- Housing Bonds Slide. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/14/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33632, p9
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgraded the ratings of the Chicago Housing Authority's refunding bonds to AA-minus due to its lower debt service coverage ratios from federal funding.
- CHA seeks outsider to run pension fund. Limbacher, Patricia B. // Pensions & Investments;8/7/95, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the request of Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) for proposals for an outsider administrator to take over the $22 million funds left after a phony investment scheme in 1994. Qualifications of administrator; Task of the administrator; Target date for bids and selection; Setting up of...
- Ashes signal social change. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/20/94, Vol. 232 Issue 25, p15
Reports on the debate on the maintenance crisis facing Chicago Housing Authority buildings and the rundown high-rises refocused by the fire in the Robert Taylor Homes apartment complex. CHA'S agreement with City Building Commissioner Graham Grady to consider `occupancy consolidation'; Number of...
- Chicago Housing Authority 2014 - 2015 CHA Scholarship Program. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;2/26/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p3
The article offers information on the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) 2014-2015 Scholarship Program.
- Can Chicago beat the odds? McCormick, J. // Newsweek;1/2/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p24
Discusses the trouble-plagued Chicago Housing Authority, the second-largest public-housing authority in the US--and the worst. Conditions have begun to improve for the CHA's 145,000 residents, and its new chairman, Vincent Lane, promises dramatic changes. Problem statistics; Resident examples;...
- Near North Side Barbershop: Part of Community's Rebirth. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Weekend;5/16/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p1
The article presents information on the Urbane Blades, a newly opened barbershop located behind the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) building in Chicago, Illinois, owned by Darren Rocasays.
- City reports. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p54
Provides information on housing communities of two cities in United States. Construction of a housing facility in Newport News, Virginia; Partnership of Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) and the United States Department of Energy with private industry utility companies and community groups to...