Loop Picks Up Simon Salesmen
- New Hires at Loop Capital Markets. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32435, p1
The article reports on the recruitment of nearly one dozen municipal banking, sales, and trading professionals by Loop Capital Markets LLC in the U.S. The new hires include both professionals who were cut by other firms or lured by Loop to join a firm where municipals remain a key revenue generator.
- William E. Simon & Sons Ending a 12-Year Run in Munis. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p7
Reports on William E. Simon & Sons LLC's decision to close its doors in the first quarter of 2001. Estimated number of layoffs at the Morristown, New Jersey-based municipal bond firm; Company's decision to pull its book of bonds from the Standard & Poor's Blue List of bonds for sale as part of...
- Ex-treasury chief's firm looking to buy bad loans. Weidner, David // American Banker;2/11/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 28, p25
Focuses on Los Angeles, California-based investment firm William E. Simon & Sons LLC's formation of a fund to buy distressed bank loans, private debt, public high-yield debt, and leveraged equity investments. Target investors of the fund called William E. Simon & Sons Special Situations LP;...
- EPAC infill strategy attracts LA investor. Ibrahim, Nidal M. // Orange County Business Journal;07/13/98, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p8
Reports on William E. Simon & Sons Realty's agreement to invest an initial $10 million into homebuilder EPAC Investment Inc. Collaborative efforts of the two companies in acquiring projects and building a portfolio.
- Wyle unit sought in management buy-out. // Electronic News;10/10/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2035, p10
Reports on the definitive agreement signed by Wyle Laboratories to sell its Scientific Services & Systems business to a management group led by William E. Simon & Sons and F. Stephen Wyle. Terms of the agreement; Wyle's focus on the Electronics Marketing Group distribution business; Advantages...
- Bloomberg. // Business News New Jersey;4/17/96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p56
Reports on the partnership of William E. Simon & Sons Municipal Securities Inc. with Cherokee Investment Security LLC to buy and sell environmentally contaminated real estate assets.
- Bekins is building block for new logistics company. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;4/29/96, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p35
Reports that International Logistics Limited, an investment affiliate of William E. Simon & Sons LCC will acquire Bekins Company of Chicago. Undisclosed agreement terms; Reference to former chief executive of Allied Van Lines, Roger E. Payton heading venture; Benefits of acquisition; Remarks by...
- New brokerage firm targets institutional investors. // Pensions & Investments;11/10/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p64
Reports that brokerage firm Loop Capital Markets LLC, plans to focus on institution investors. Background information on the firm; Details on its operations.
- New black-owned firm to open wide its doors in Chicago. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;09/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30234, p30
Reports on the debut of Loop Capital Markets, a black-owned investment banking firm. Management positions; Equity analysis and trading business; Opportunity to provide sales support with a regional focus.