Alabama Finance Officers Hear Hopeful Economic Prediction
- Fill the gap. // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Comments on the State of the State speech of Governor Bob Taft in Ohio. Implications of the ten-year plan to make Ohio competitive in the 21[sup st] century; Outlining of the Third Frontier Project; Failure to address unemployment problems and the increase in university tuition rates.
- Sen. Gramm Bangs the Drum For Bush at ABA Conference. Heller, Michele // American Banker;9/20/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 181, p6
Reports on the speech made by United States Senate Banking Committee Chairman Phil Gramm urging bankers to participate in the political issues in the country. Claim of the Republican Senator on the significance of who wins the presidential election between Al Gore and George W. Bush and who...
- What Profiteth It a Nation? Netherland, Wood // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/1/39, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p752
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Wood Netherland, vice president of Mercantile-Commerce Bank and Trust Co. of Saint Louis, Missouri, before the State Bank Division during the 65th Annual Convention of the American Bankers Association in Seattle, Washington on September 25, 1939, which...
- A Retreat from Active Government. Shure, Jon // njbiz;2/2/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
Comments on the State of the State address given by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey in January 2004 which dealt with educational spendings. Suggestion of McGreevey to reduce state spending below the rate of inflation; Key points on the Innovation Zones for public research universities;...
- FEDERAL TAKEOVER OF WELFARE AND INCOME MAINTENANCE PROGRAMS: THEIR FINANCING AND ADMINISTRATION. Cohen, Wilbur J. // National Tax Journal;Sep71, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p331
No abstract available.
- Make it fit. // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/20/97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p10
Editorial. Comments on Ohio Governor George Voinovich's remarks about public education in his seventh State of the State address. State's `moral responsibility' to salvage its urban school districts; Proposed additional funding for the state's poorer districts; Improvement of the school...
- Remarks at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/25/2012, p1
The article presents the text of a speech delivered by U.S. President Barack Obama at the Coors Event Center at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado on April 25, 2012, wherein he talked about the importance of college education. According to Obama, getting a college education is the...
- Massachusetts State of the State targets education, $1.2 billion tax reduction. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p5
Reports on Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Cellucci's State of the State address which focused on his plans to increase education spending and reduce tax rates. Critics' reaction to Celluci's promise to hire 4000 new teachers; Authority of local districts to determine how their state funds are...
- Batt promises cuts in cost of schooling. Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;1/25/95, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the admonition given by Governor Phil Batt of Idaho during his State of the State address against further increases in education funding.