N.J. to Make Debt Service Payments for Solid-Waste Bonds
- Raid the DEP's budget. // Business News New Jersey;02/08/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p10
Editorial. Criticizes the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's plan allowing counties that incurred debt resulting from building solid waste facilities to pass it onto municipalities. United States Supreme Court's ruling on New Jersey's participation in interstate commerce in...
- New York City Forced to Get Creative In Handling Ballooning Budget Deficits. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p3
Reports on the decision of the city officials for closing the projected out-year gaps for financing local government bonds in New York City. Failure to achieve debt service savings; Remarks from former comptroller Alan Hevesi on the issue; Discussion on policy changes by the officials.
- Bridgeport Readies 1st Pension Bond Sale Under State Oversight. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;08/15/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30954, p4
Reports that Bridgeport, Connecticut, city government is preparing to sell $350 million of taxable pension debt as the first pension-bond sale under a state oversight-law. Rating for the general obligation bonds; Debt service on the bonds; Investment plan for the city.
- JeffCo Relies on Insurer for April 1 GO Warrant Payment. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;4/3/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33888, p5
The article reports that Jefferson County, Alabama has suspended paying debt service on its outstanding general obligation (GO) warrants for a year until such debt service can be restructured under the county's plan of adjustment.
- Accounting for solid waste land-fill costs according to GASB-18. Brady, Thomas J.; Fioriti, Andrew A. // Ohio CPA Journal;Jun94, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p53
Discusses Government Accounting Standards Board's (GASB) Statement No. 18 Accounting for Municipal Solid Waste Landfill Closure and Postclosure Care Costs. Effectivity date; Elements to be considered in the estimated total current cost of municipal solid waste landfills (MSWLF) closure and...
- N.Y. debates bottle bill. Defendis, Megan // Waste News;12/22/97, Vol. 3 Issue 32, p23
Reports that public and private sector officials debated whether New York state's bottle deposit law is redundant, as a consequence to curbside recycling programs. Comments from Meg Morris, chairwoman of the Federation of New York Solid Waste Associations; Reference to a symposium that took...
- Ariz. fire causes $50,000 in damage. // Waste News;07/06/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p6
Presents information on a fire at the Young Poong USA Recycling Centers on June 12th, 1998, in Glendale, Arizona. Probable cause of the fire; Cost of the damage caused by the fire.
- Maine idea. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;07/06/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p11
Looks at the plans of the Southern Aroostock Solid Waste Disposal District in Maine to find a company to bankroll a regional landfill in Hogdon, Maine as part of a long-term lease agreement. Reason a regional landfill is needed in the state; Failure of previous efforts to construct a regional...
- For sale. Post, Paul // Waste News;7/1/96, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the proposed sale of the solid-waste shredder in Albany, New York. Plans to convert the facility into a material recycling plant.