Municipals Finish Little Changed; $1 Billion Calif. GOs Selling Today
- Munis Firmer in Last Full Day of the Year. Herman, Jack; Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;12/31/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33032, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on December 30, 2008 in the U.S. Banc of America Securities LLC has issued $17 million variable-rate pollution control revenue refunding bonds for the government of Forsyth in Montana. Harris County has sold $3.7 million...
- First Southwest to launch bond auction Web site. Fadanbunsi, Olayinka // Bond Buyer;07/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30686, p2
Reports on First Southwest's joint venture with MuniAuction Inc. to launch a Web site for auction of municipal bonds. Details of the planned Web site.
- Munis Get Second Wind in Afternoon Surge. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;11/16/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33617, p2
The article reports that in November 2011, municipal bonds in the U.S. were pushed upwards by the surge in afternoon buyers from their morning lows. However, it says that the curve's belly ended slightly weaker. A trader from Dallas, Texas says that retail industry has been involved and the...
- Southwest Slides to 11-Year Low. Williamson, Richard; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/14/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33663, p1
The article reports on the 36.7% decrease of bond market in the Southwest of Texas to an 11-year drop of 42.1 billion dollars. It states that the decline is the thinnest year for the bond market issuance when 29 billion dollars was sold. Moreover, it states that First Southwest Co. is still the...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p18
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. Single family mortgage revenue bonds from the Alabama Housing Finance Authority in Alabama; Refunding revenue bonds from First Florida Governmental Financing Commission in Florida;...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p25
Presents the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. General obligation bond anticipation notes from the City of New Milford in Connecticut; Public improvement serial bonds from the City of Schenectady in New York; Bond anticipation...
- Led by low rates, Georgia agency's big refunding tops primary. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p1
Reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 10, 1997. Includes news on the $399.2 million refunding from the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia; Scant selling by investors in the secondary market; Flatness of the debt futures market; J.P....
- Bid lists deluge caps muni action despite modest treasury gains. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on the performance of municipal bond market as of August 13, 1997. Gains of 30-year Treasury bonds; Retail sales; Tax-exempt bonds; Producer price index; Serial bonds.
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Presents municipal bond market figures current as of August 12, 1997. Triple-A; Pre-tax equivalent; Treasuries; Florida yield curve.