MSRB Plans Two New Draft Rules
- MSRB likely to reject calls for changes to rule G-36. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p1
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) will reject industry calls for revisions to Rule G-36 that would require issuers, rather than dealers, to send the MSRB final official statements within specific timeframes. Reaction of federal regulators to the proposal; Documents...
- MSRB would ease G-38 disclosures. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p1
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (USMSRB) plan to amend the law on the disclosure of consultants hired by securities dealers. Board's filing of the amendment with the US Securities & Exchange Commission; Announcement of the amendments by USMSRB Chairman...
- MSRB files amendments to clarify rule G-37. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p4
Reports on technical amendments to Rule G-37 filed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board with the Securities & Exchange Commission this September 30, 1997. Key points of the amendments on the rules in municipal securities; Date of effectivity of the amendments.
- G-38, fund securities proposals by MSRB draw opposition, concern. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30654, p5
Focuses on the proposed policies on municipal bonds in the United States from the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Amendments suggested for the Rule G-38 on consultants; Reaction of The Bond Market Association to the proposed amendment.
- MSRB Seeks Five Nominees for Board. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p6
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's search for five new board members to serve three-year terms on the board beginning October 1, 2001. Deadline for nominations; Outgoing board members.
- Next MSRB meeting may only result on new board members. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p4
Discusses the probability that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board will not take any action other than to announce five new board members after its meeting in Jackson Hole, Wyoming at the end of July 1998. Board's proposed rule changes that would require underwriters and financial...
- MSRB Files Guidance. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p1
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's filing of interpretative guidance with the Securities and Exchange Commission that details how its official statement rules apply to dealers in electronic bond auctions. Key provisions of the guidance on electronic auctions;...
- MSRB proposes new exam schedule. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30705, p5
Reports that the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has proposed an amendment to its Rule G-16 that would given National Association of Securities Dealers more flexibility to conduct examinations of municipal broker-dealers. Filing of the proposed amendment with the US...
- MSRB Will Not Issue SMP Proposal Until After May Meeting. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's decision not to issue its proposal on the concept of sophisticated market professionals until its board meeting in May 2001. Controversy concerning an interpretative release describing how the board's rules apply to electronic...