Building a Border Future
- Governor is in the catbird seat. MCNEELY, DAVE // East Bernard Express (TX);5/30/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 22, p4
The article focuses on the veto power that Texas Governor Rick Perry has had over the legislative bills passed by the Texas Senate and the Texas House of Representatives and compares such power to that of the U.S. President.
- Legislature addresses roads damaged by oil, gas traffic. Domel, Jessica // Texas Agriculture Magazine;6/7/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p9
The article informs that bill HB 2300 and SB 1747, both are addressing the harms of the roadway infrastructure due of increased traffic and oil and gas exploration in Texas, has been sent to the state governor Rick Perry for approval.
- WILL A SPECIAL SESSION BE CALLED? // TIPRO Target Newsletter;5/16/2013, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p3
The article reflects on the commencement of a special legislative session by Texas governor Rick Perry to address the state issues and mentions that according to Texas Constitution, the governor may call a subsequent special session of 30 days.
- TEXAS: No Special Session Adds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/18/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33930, p7
The article informs that Rick Perry, Governor of Texas, has said that the state Legislature's 30-day special session does not has enough time to deal with college tuition revenue bonds or private school vouchers.
- Special session on redistricting begins. STERLING, ED // Graham Leader;6/9/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 85, p5A
The article reports on the calling of a special session of the 83rd Texas Legislature by Governor Rick Perry to begin on the last day of its 140-day regular season on May 27, 2013 to pass redistricting-related legislation.
- Lawmakers stay for another special session. STERLING, ED // Graham Leader;7/7/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 93, p5A
The article reports that Texas Governor Rick Perry calls out lawmakers to work on three legislations regarding regulation of abortion,facilities, providers, and procedures, projects for fund transportation infrastructure, and institute a mandatory life sentence with parole for serious crimes.
- Texas Bill Adds Momentum to Commuter Rail Plans. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;6/23/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33538, p3
The article offers information on a bill signed by Texas governor Rick Perry aimed at helping commuter rail districts raise money across jurisdictional lines for bond-funded projects.
- Texas' Alamo RMA May Sell Its First Debt for $2.2B Toll Project. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32671, p44
The article reports on the statement of Texas officials that the Alamo Regional Mobility Authority (RMA) could issue its first debt for a $2.2 billion toll project by the end of 2007. The U.S. 280 and Loop 1604's expansions as toll projects for the RMA created by legislation in 2003. In June...
- IN THE KNOW. // Hill;6/30/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 96, p20
The article offers updates related to legislators in the U.S. in 2011 including the similarities of Governor Rick Perry and former President George W. Bush, the supporters of Representative Michele Bachmann, and the depression felt by lawmakers over talks on the debt ceiling and tax increases.