Moody's Upgrades Connecticut to Aa2 Ahead of Sale This Week
- Moody's Warns California. Murphy, Gavin; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p1
Reports on possible downgrade of California's bond ratings by U.S.-based ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Placement of multi-million dollar debt owned by the University of California on CreditWatch with negative implications; Impact of the downgrade in ratings on general...
- Moody's affirms county's triple-A bond rating. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/26/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p18
Reports that credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has affirmed the triple-A rating of the bonds issued by Westchester County, New York. Factors affecting the bond rating; Implications for the government securities issued by the county.
- Moody's Eyes Connecticut Localities in Light of Proposed Aid Cuts. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p25
Reports on the statement by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. according to which it will monitor measures taken by Connecticut Governor John Rowland towards reducing budgetary deficit. Special report of Moody's with regard to the credit strength of Connecticut; Impact of aid...
- Moody's Puts North Carolina Triple-A GO Rating on Watch List Over $1.1B Deficit. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p3
Reports the inclusion of North Carolina in general obligation bond rating on watch list for possible downgrade by Moody's Investors Service. Problems on budget shortfall of the state; Preparation of the state in selling variable-rate bonds; Presence of weak tax collections.
- North Carolina Governor Signs $14.8B Budget in Time for Start of Fiscal Year. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31669, p4
Informs that on June 30, 2003 Governor Mike Easley of North Carolina signed into law a $14.8 billion biennial budget for the fiscal 2004-05. Factors on which the passage of the bill hinged; Features of the budget; Expectations of growth of revenue during fiscals 2004 and 2005; Credit ratings...
- Moody's Drops N.Y. State Outlook. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p1
Reports on the lowering of New York's general obligation credit rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc. as of December 9, 2002. Debt amounts of general obligation and lease and appropriation; Acknowledgement of the state budget deficit by the governor George E. Pataki; Consideration of selling...
- Moody's Puts Connecticut's GO Rating On Downgrade Watch, Citing Shortfall. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p36
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has put Connecticut's general obligation credit rating under review for a downgrade. Effect of Moody's outlook on state debt; Deficit in the state's budget; Other credits which are being affected.
- Moody's Joins Standard & Poor's in Giving Michigan Triple-A Rating. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p4
Discusses the improvement of the state of Michigan's credit rating by Moody's Investors Service. Impact of the state's low debt and improved financial management; Factors behind the upgrading of the state's credit rating by Moody's.
- ILLINOIS: Joliet Upgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on credit ratings given by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. to bonds of Joliet, Illinois. Impact of ratings on general obligation debt of the city; Basis for the ratings.