- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p20
Reports on bonds issued by cities and school districts in the United States in May 2000. Bonds issued by the City of Ankeny, Iowa, by Eastern Iowa Community College, Bay City School District in Michigan and others; Amount of bonds; Yield rates; Due dates; Other features.
- More area schools, cities issuing bonds. Stoffer, Jason // Crain's Detroit Business;07/19/99, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p31
Reports on the trend toward higher bond ratings and lower interest rates that allow more Detroit, Michigan schools to issue bonds. Total public debt issued in Michigan in 1998; Benefit of the issuance of more debt by school boards and municipalities to taxpayers.
- Ohio Voters Pass $700M of Job GOs; Michigan, Indiana OK School Debt. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;5/6/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33312, p32
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the approval of 700 million dollars worth of new-money general obligation (GO) bonds by Ohio voters to fund jobs program, the school bond requests approved by Michigan voters, and the approval to shift money from capital budget to general fund...
- The Disheartening Truth Behind 'Son of 26' Hill, Martin // San Diego Business Journal;05/29/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p66
Criticizes Son of Prop. 26, a version of the Proposition 26 which aims to lower voter approval needed to pass school bonds in California to a semi-majority approval of 55 percent. Defeat of the first version last March 2000; Negative impact of the said movement on property owners whose taxes...
- Wake County, N.C., voters face largest school bond ever. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;06/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30656, p27
Reports on the referendum on a general obligation school bond request by the government of Wake County, North Carolina. Polls' forecast of a slim margin of victory; Debt approval's potential in yielding funds; District's plan to absorb additional students; Comments from officials; Law makers...
- Florida lawmakers closing in on school bond compromise. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30268, p32
Reports that at the midpoint of the Florida Legislature's special session on school overcrowding, the two chambers haven't agreed on much except that fixing the state's $3.3 billion problem will take more than $1 billion of bonds. Filling the gap with certificates of participation (COP); Need...
- Survey: California Municipal Market Players Riding Internet Waves. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/23/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31001, p9
Reports on the concerns of California municipal market participants on the reliability of their electric power grid. Calls to lower the constitutional threshold for approving school bonds; Increase use of Internet in trading in the state.
- Pennsylvania bond-intercept plan could earn school bonds an A-plus. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30559, p3
Reports on the bond-intercept strategy developed by Pennsylvania for the sale of school bonds. Allowing of school district to voluntarily structure school building bonds; Signing of amendment to school code by governor Tom Ridge to strengthen credit quality of school bonds; Payment of withheld...
- So far, five schools qualify for Oregon's guaranteed school bond program. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30559, p4
Reports on the guaranteed school bond program in Oregon. Volume of guaranteed local school debt; Role of rating agencies under the program; AA rating of Standard & Poor's; Qualification requirements; Limit to amount of debt that can be guaranteed by the state.