Burgeoning Texas Schools Head to Voters With Big Bond Plans
- Washington Voters Defeat Most Local School Bond Measures. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p4
Focuses on unofficial election results of local school bond measures in Washington. Improvement bonds for Kent School District; General obligation bonds for Bethel School District; Passage of planned government obligation bond issue for Arlington School District.
- School District Hopes Second Time Proves Charm for Bond Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p4
Reports on the referendum plan for the school bond proposal of the Wylie Independent School District in Wylie, Texas. Details of the proposed school bond issue; Division of the plan into seven propositions to improve the plan's chances for voter approval.
- Three Michigan School Districts Plan Big Bond Referendums. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30715, p3
Reports that school districts in three mid-sized Michigan cities are planning bond referendums in the year 2000. Amount that the three districts want voters to approve; Expenditures faced by Michigan district schools; Recruitment of pollsters to identify just what voters will support.
- Frisco, Tex., Schools Looking at Possible $1.2B Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32312, p4
The article reports on a May 2006 referendum that will approve Frisco Independent School District in Texas' $1.2 billion general obligation (GO) bond. The bond is designed to help the state's urban school district to finance its modernization project. A bond committee composed of citizens and...
- Texas Voters OK Two Bond Questions. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p2
Focuses on suburban school district voters' approval of two Texas-sized bond packages. Construction of school facilities to keep up with fast-growing student populations; Renovation of campuses at the Northside Independent School District near San Antonio, Texas; Northwest Independent School...
- Early balloting to start Monday on BCISD bond proposition. MCBURNETT, KEITH // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/15/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 43, p5A
The article informs that voting for the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCISD), Texas bond proposition will begin at the Burnet County Courthouse or the Marble Falls Courthouse South Annex, Texas from October 20, 2014.
- NORTH CAROLINA: Wake Weighs School Needs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/1/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32869, p9
The article reports on the bond referendum to be conducted by the officials of Wake County, North Carolina to decide on best ways of handling the growing school capital needs. The officials of the county are trying to work on how many schools should be opened throughout the year since greater...
- Tulsa County, Okla., to Vote on $162M of GOs for Schools. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p34
Reports on the inclusion of the general obligation bond package from Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 in the referendum in Oklahoma. Need for voters to approve the said bond package before it can be offered to the market; Use of the proceeds of the bond to provide funding to...
- Texas school funding. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30228, p6
Relates that Texas' new school facilities allotment program, called the Tier III, should have a positive impact on the credit of school districts eligible for the program, according to Standard & Poor's analysts Alexander Fraser and Kin W. Wong.