THE TRADING FLOOR
- 1st Union Reshuffles Investment Banking. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;8/16/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 157, p7
Reports on First Union Securities Inc.'s restructuring of its investment banking business lines. Monitoring of products for customers who invest online; Combining of four divisions.
- Three Bankers Leave Ad\est; Two of Them Go to Loop. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p6
Reports on the resignation of three public bankers employed at Advest Inc. in Florida. Continuation of expanding the public finance effort; Recruitment of a public finance banker in Tampa; Consideration of the three bankers as a normal attrition that coincidentally happened in one week.
- Cutting Staff, Not Service. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p1
Focuses on Charlotte, North Carolina-based First Union Securities' commitment to public finance. Major cutbacks in its public finance department; Market experts' concerns about how the reductions will affect the firm's ability to compete in a tough market; Part of efforts to better serve its...
- First Union Taps Tech M&A Pro. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/30/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p4
Reports the selection of Gregory Ager as managing director of the technology investment banking group of First Union Securities. Job responsibilities of Ager; Goal of the group; Services to be offered by the company.
- Ex-Veronis Suhler Banker Forms Firm Targeting Software M&A. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p11
Reports on the resignation of banker Ken Marlin from Veronis Suhler Stevenson Partners LLC to form his own consulting firm for merger and acquisition deals focusing on digital information and computer software industries in 2002.
- First Union Opens Doors to N.Y.C. Corporate Trust Office. // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p7
Reports the opening of a corporate trust department office of the First Union Securities Inc. New York, New York. Location of offices owned by the corporate trust group; Staff of the corporate trust office; Celebration over the office opening; Business strategy of the firm.
- First Union now Wachovia. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p9
Reports on the business operation of First Union Securities Inc. in New York.
- Exodus continues at Pru, whose very future is wobbly. O'Leary, Christopher; Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/04/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 47, p10
Analyzes the implications of the departure of some of Prudential Securities Inc.'s top investment bankers. Firm's possible abandonment of its ambitions in the securities markets; Resignation of senior executives Paul Scura and Richard Schonigher.
- Winters leaves as Key chief. // New Hampshire Business Review;05/05/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p28
Reports on Kent D. Winters' resignation as president of KeyBank's New Hampshire district.