Four More States Join Tax Simplification Bandwagon
- Operative Requirements Within the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement. Feinschreiber, Robert; Kent, Margaret // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Feb2003, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p19
Examines the substantive provisions of the United States Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement. Goals of the implementation of the agreement; Operative requirements within the agreement.
- SST conformity provisions delayed. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;5/1/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p7
The article reports that a law has been enacted in Tennessee that changes the effectivity date of certain Streamlined Sales and Use Tax (SST) Agreement conformity provisions including sourcing rules, single article cap limitations, and special user privilege taxes imposed on particular items in...
- Resolution urges federal SST enactment. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/1/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that the Vermont General Assemply is encouraging Congress to introduce federal legislation consistent with the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax (SST) Agreement authorizing the national collection of sales tax arising from online sales.
- Definition of "retail sale" amended. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;6/15/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on legislation amending the definitions of retail sale and taxable service for sales and use tax purposes enacted in Maine.
- STATE UPDATES. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;2/15/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
This section offers news briefs on sales and use taxation in the U.S. The Arizona Department of Revenue has released an updated matrix for sales and use tax for the lodging industry. The final version of Arkansas' sales and use tax rules has been released by the Department of Finance and...
- Nexus presumption bill dead. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/15/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the death upon adjournment of a bill in Iowa that, for sales and use tax purposes, would have provided that a person is presumed to be a solicitor if he or she has entered into an agreement with a retailer under which a commission or other consideration is paid by the...
- TEXAS RULE ON CRIMINAL OFFENSES AND PENALTIES AMENDED. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;10/1/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that a sales and use tax regulation in Texas with regards to criminal offenses and penalties has been updated to reflect prior laws covering resale and exemption certificates.
- Companion bills would award tax cut for data centers. Sadowski, Michael // Central Penn Business Journal;6/27/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p2
The article reports that state legislators Richard Stevenson and Scott Hutchinson are planning to introduce bills in the Pennsylvania House and Senate which would give sales and use tax exemption to data center owners who buy equipment.
- Tax on medical devices explained. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;11/15/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p7
The article reports on the sales and use tax notice released by the Washington Department of Revenue explaining the applicability of the federal excise tax on certain medical devices.