Quiet Times to Be Replaced by A Power Plant Building Spree
- Audits can lower utility bills. Dougherty, Sean // American City & County;Oct95, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p8
Reveals ways of reducing utility bills. Factors of utility rates; Restructuring electric power regulations; Professional audit in fixing electric cost; Professional energy consultants; Effective energy management program.
- Section 7. Electricity. // Monthly Energy Review;Jun2000, p93
Presents a statistical overview of electricity production and consumption in the United States in March 2000. Electricity net generation; Generation at nonutility power procedures; Electric power sector stocks of coal and petroleum.
- Utilities urged to join regional organizations. // Energy User News;Feb2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the United States Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's call for public utility transmission owners to join regional transmission organizations. Possible exercise of its Federal Power Act powers; Different types of regional transmission organizations.
- Get Wired. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2004 Supplement, Vol. 35, p6
Presents a list of Web sites for news regarding power resources in the U.S. as of March 2004.
- Grand Dams. // Wilson Quarterly;Spring2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p93
The article focuses on the report Power for the People by Tom Vanderbilt in the Fall 2005 issue of The Oxford American. Vanderbilt wrote that the dams in the Tennessee Valley, Texas were constructed not only to make the Tennessee River more navigable and less flood prone, but also to improve the...
- Getting to Utility 2.0: Rebooting the Retail Electric Utility in the U.S. NOSTRAND, JAMES M. VAN // San Diego Journal of Climate & Energy Law;2014/2015, Vol. 6, p149
The article discusses the supposed factors requires for enhancing growth of business models of public utility companies of the U.S. with reference to decrease in cost of distributed energy (DG) resources along with impacts of extreme weather on utilities as of December 2014. Topics discussed...
- Mum's the Word. Ridgeway, James // New Republic;8/21/71, Vol. 165 Issue 8/9, p17
Focuses on the practice of the U.S. government to protect the information about various public utilities from the people of the U.S. Drawbacks of annual reports filed by the government containing information on public utilities; Features of a weekly news digest of articles on the U.S. energy...
- Testing Theories of Agency Behavior: Evidence from Hydropower Project Relicensing Decisions of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Moore, Michael R.; Maclin, Elizabeth B.; Kershner, David W. // Land Economics;Aug2001, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p423
Theories of agency behavior are examined via an application to hydropower project relicensing by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). In the relicensing of each project, fish and wildlife agencies submit recommendations to FERC. FERC then enters a two-stage deliberation process for...
- Technological Systems and Momentum Change: American Electric Utilities, Restructuring, and Distributed Generation Technologies. Hirsh, Richard F.; Sovacool, Benjamin K. // Journal of Technology Studies;Spring2006, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p72
The article focuses on the massive transformation of the electric utility system in the United States since 1960. It explores the nonengineering version of the system approach useful for investigating sociotechnical enterprises. It examines the longterm and cross-industry trends in the use of...