Alabama Debates School Reforms As Deadline Nears for Ending Cuts
- Paying their respects. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;02/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p18
Reports that Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman is proposing a legislation to require students to address teachers with courtesy titles. Reason for the proposed legislation; Criticisms of the proposed legislation.
- Don Siegelman. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. Educational background; Information on his career in politics; Reason behind his victory over former governor Fob James for the gubernatorial seat.
- Alabama rejects lottery. // State Government News;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p6
Reports on voters' rejection of the lottery plan of Alabama Governor Don Siegelman on October 12, 1999. Annual income that would be generated by the proposed lottery; Purpose of the lottery plan.
- Debate Grows as Alabama Lottery Vote Nears. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;10/06/99, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on a debate on whether to create a state lottery for Alabama as the October 12 voting nears. Statements from the supporters of the Alabama plan; Arguments from the opponents; Expectation for the Alabama lottery; Efforts made by Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman on his campaign for the plan.
- The Curious Case of Don Siegelman. Kennedy, Mimi // Progressive Populist;12/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p20
The article discusses the case of Don Siegelman as a miscarriage of justice and cites a presidential pardon petition launched by Dana Siegelman for her father after he was put in solitary confinement often making it difficult for family, friends and media to see him.
- Alabama governor taps trio of underwriters for negotiated GOs. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30674, p3
Reports that the plan of Alabama Governor Don Siegelman to hire three underwriters to refinance general obligation bonds. Departure from the practice of Alabama of selling debt on competitive basis.
- Plugging Holes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p51
Reports on the initiative of Governor Don Siegelman to overcome the loopholes in state education budget in Alabama. Overhauling of the corporate income tax law; Factors influencing the issues in education finance; Coverage of the state Education Trust Fund.
- Mandatory Auto In Governor's Amendment Called `A Bad Idea'. // Insurance Advocate;06/12/99, Vol. 110 Issue 24, p33
Reports that Alabama Governor Don Siegelman has returned a bill to the legislature calling for an amendment to House Bill 60 to change it from a financial responsibility concept to full mandatory auto insurance. Implication of the alteration; Concerns expressed by members of the Alliance of...
- Voters reject lottery. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports on Alabama voters' rejection of Governor Don Siegelman's proposal to create s statewide lottery to generate funds for education. Projected annual revenues from the proposed lottery.