Houston Councilmen Tussle Over Holding Light-Rail Referendum
- Houston light rail? Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p2A
Reports on the Houston, Texas, Metropolitan Transit Authority's vote for the construction of a light rail system in the city. Plans in financing the project.
- Latest LRT/university clash arises in Houston. // Railway Age;Jul2012, Vol. 213 Issue 7, p11
The article reports the University of Houston has requested the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (Metro) to keep the Light-Rail Transit (LRT) off its property in the development of the Southeast Line of the city of Houston in Texas.
- Houston Metro Seeks LOC for Light Rail. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32858, p1
The article reports that the Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) in Texas is seeking a new letter of credit (LOC) to support its light-rail system. The LOC is intended to support its short-term debt as it plans $3 billion for light rail expansion. Depfa Bank may not renew its $200...
- Houston Metro Deal Rolls Along. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;8/30/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33574, p1
The article focuses on the effort of the Harris County Metropolitan Transit Authority in Texas to get its light-rail expansion back on track. It prepares a deal with Goldman Sachs & Co. for the sale of bonds and contractual obligations. The bonds are intended to finance a portion of the North...
- Houston In Transit Against all odds. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Feb2004, Vol. 205 Issue 2, p33
Deals with the commencement of passenger service on Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO) in Houston, Texas' light rail system on January 1, 2004. Comments from Shirley A. DeLibero, executive director of METRO; Core system of the light rail; Process used in designing and...
- CITY RAIL BRIEFS. Lustig, David // Trains;Jan2008, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p33
This section offers news briefs on city railroads in the U.S. as of January 2008. The Greenbush Branch has been reopened by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to regular service on October 31, 2007. The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Houston, Texas has decided to use light rail on...
- HOUSTON METRO'S TURNAROUND. Kiepper, Alan F.; Baker, W. Randolph // Management Review;Dec85, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p33
Discusses the transformation of the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris Country, Texas (METRO) from the worst to the most outstanding local transit authority in the United States. Growth in ridership; Basic management techniques of METRO; Employee compensation program of METRO; Improvement...
- Houston Transit Gets Special Treatment in Spending Bill. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31678, p36
Focuses on the insertion of languages by U.S. Representative John Culberson into the federal transportation bill that bars Houston, Texas from receiving transit money if the Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority does not ask voters for approval before expanding its light-rail system. Reaction...
- Houston MTA Chairman Stepping Down. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p28
Reports on the stepping down of Harris County, Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority chairman Robert Miller. Reason given by Miller for his resignation; Career profile of Miller; Decision of Miller regarding continuing as board member under a new chairman.