The Effect of Thrombin Activation of Platelet-Rich Plasma on Demineralized Bone Matrix Osteoinductivity
- Dissociation of SHP-1 from Spinophilin during Platelet Activation Exposes an Inhibitory Binding Site for Protein Phosphatase-1 (PP1). Ma, Peisong; Foote, Darci C.; Sinnamon, Andrew J.; Brass, Lawrence F. // PLoS ONE;Mar2015, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p1
We have recently shown that a critical regulatory node in the platelet signaling network lies immediately downstream of platelet receptors for thrombin and TxA2. This node is comprised of a scaffold protein (spinophilin, SPL), a protein tyrosine phosphatase (SHP-1), and either of the two members...
- Reply to ï¿½Inhibition of platelet thromboxane receptor function by a thrombin receptor-targeted pepducinï¿½. Covic, Lidija; Jacques, Suzanne; Kuliopulos, Athan // Nature Medicine;Dec2003, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p1447
Presents letter to the editor in response to the article "Inhibition of platelet thromboxane receptor function by a thrombin receptor-targeted pepducin".
- Role of thrombin signalling in platelets in haemostasis and thrombosis. Sambrano, Gilberto R.; Weiss, Ethan J.; Yao-Wu Zheng; Wei Huang; Coughlin, Shaun R. // Nature;9/6/2001, Vol. 413 Issue 6851, p74
Discusses the influence of thrombin signalling in platelet function during periods of hemostasis and thrombosis. Cellular response triggered by thrombin; Failure to change shape in thrombins.
- Hyporeactivity of neonatal platelets is not caused by preactivation during birth. Grosshaupt, B.; Muntean, W.; Sedlmayr, P. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1997, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p944
Little information exists concerning platelet function in neonates due to the small blood volume. Most studies using conventional aggregation methods have shown a diminished response to various agonists. This is in contrast to the lack of a bleeding tendency and to a short bleeding time in...
- THE THROMBOPLASTIC COMPONENT OF INTACT BLOOD PLATELETS IS PRESENT IN MASKED FORM. Fantl, P.; Ward, H.A. // Australian Journal of Experimental Biology & Medical Science;Oct1958, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p499
Argues that the thrombin formation in diluted horse blood with an adequate number of blood platelets is the same as that of thrombocytopenic human blood. Comparison between the rate of thrombin formation in diluted normal human blood and horse blood; Effect of the addition of phospholipids on...
- Abciximab Does Not Inhibit the Increase of Thrombin Generation Produced in Platelet-Rich Plasma In Vitro by Sodium Arachidonate or Tissue Factor. Altman, Raul; Scazziota, Alejandra; Santoro, Silvina; Gonzalez, Claudio // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Jul2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p271
Aspirin and platelet membrane glycoprotein (GP) IIb/IIIa blockers are currently used for acute coronary events, and in percutaneous coronary intervention for preventing further coronary outcomes, because they inhibit platelet function. Aspirin also inhibits thrombin generation (TG) in...
- Basic science. // Heart;May2003, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p584
Cites the result of several studies on cardiology. Use of carbon monoxide to prevent restenosis after angioplasty; Importance of platelets in the inflammatory disease atherosclerosis; Long-term survival of myoblast transplants in the human heart.
- Disaggregation of Platelet Aggregates Formed by the Action of Thrombin in the Presence of Hydrogen Peroxide. Loiko, E.N.; Samal, A.B.; Lapsha, V.I. // Biochemistry (00062979);Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p602
The aggregation and change in the intracellular Ca2+ concentration induced by thrombin (0.005-0.22 U/ml) in the presence of H2O2 (0.05-0.6 mM) was investigated. Under the chosen experimental conditions (incubation time of platelets with H2O2 not more than 15 sec), H2O2 neither accelerated nor...
- Fibrin gel formation in a shear flow. Guy, Robert D.; Fogelson, Aaron L.; Keener, James P. // Mathematical Medicine & Biology: A Journal of the IMA;Mar2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p6
Blood clots are made up of platelets and fibrin gel, and the relative amount of fibrin is strongly influenced by the shear rate. In order to explore this phenomenon, this paper presents a model of fibrin gel formation over the surface of an injured blood vessel in a shear flow. A condition for...