Keep Ambiance in Mind
- Staging a Promotion. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p14
The article presents information on how Aaron Weaver, general manager for Parkhurst Dining Services at Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, plans a special promotion to help drive sales, raise interest in campus dining and build meal participation. He relates that marketing plans are done...
- Mizzou renovates Dobbs Hall. // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the University of Missouri-Columbia's renovation of its Dobbs Dining Hall into a marketplace-type servery, to be called Dobbs Pavilion. Rotating Mexican and Asian stations; Cooked-to-order pasta bar.
- Less Tray Dining. // Food Management;Dec2010, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the use of smaller-than-normal trays at the University of Missouri-Columbia to reduce food waste.
- Mizzou completes Dobbs Pavilion renovation. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/09/98, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the opening of the Dobbs Pavilion dining hall at the University of Missouri in Columbia after renovation was completed.
- AVERAGES 125 DAILY: Univ.-Missouri adds to home-meal menu. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the response of the University of Missouri in Columbia to the request of students for more comfort foods with home meal replacement program in its Bingham Connection facility. Serving per day; Promotions; Packaging and product mix.
- Bigger role is seen for sales promotion in 1980s and 1990s. // Marketing News;6/8/1984, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p5
The article reports that sales promotions and sales promotion managers will assume a bigger role in creation of profit and growth in the United States firms in 1980s and 1990s. Joseph P. Sullivan, the former president and chief executive officer of Swift & Co., says that the change is due to...
- Selling a proposition. Gander, Paul // Marketing Week;1/18/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p35
The article offers insights from marketing executives in Great Britain concerning sales promotions that can have a great impact on brand image and help other marketing strategies. Margot Parker of the British Promotional Merchandize Association criticizes the buy-one-get-one-free offers and...
- Keeping everyone in the loop. Thomson, Kevin // Brand Strategy;May2006, Issue 202, p34
The article focuses on the significance of an accessible marketing and communication strategy in promoting brands for people with hidden difficulties. According to the author, 650 million dyslexic people in the world are being ignored by marketers when designing advertising campaigns. Therefore,...
- Budgeting saves time, money later. Coddington, Walter // Marketing News;6/7/1985, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p15
The article states that sales-promotion projects could stay within marketing professionals' budgets if they spent the same time taking initial steps to drive the programs cost-efficiently. Although marketing is basically a communications industry, problems in communication probably are the cause...