Staying on Point (of Service)
- An Itch for Scratch Baking. Higgins, Amy // Food Management;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p0
Discusses fresh-baked products offered by San Diego State University's Aztec Shop Dining Services. Description of products supplied by executive pastry chef Kurt Lechner; Volume of bread baked daily; Analysis of how much money is saved by baking in-house; Advantages of scratch baking;...
- Culinary Motherland. // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p34
The article presents a discussion by San Diego State University's Executive Chef Ahmed Shazly on his menu strategies involving Mediterranean cookery. He mentions that his cookery emphasizes Mediterranean food, particularly those from Portugal, Spain and Italy. Among the dishes mentioned by...
- Trends drive turkey growth. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p118
Focuses on turkey dishes served at universities and colleges in the United States. Turkey meals at the San Diego State University in California; Reason the students from University of New Hampshire in Durham love turkey meal according to executive chef John Lear; Comment from executive catering...
- Aztec Shops gets renovation go-ahead from San Diego State. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/96, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p18
Reports on San Diego State University's approval of Aztec Shops Ltd.'s plan to renovate its facilities in two university buildings. Scheduled start of construction; Factors behind the need to renovate according to Susan Wilkie; Description of the concept for the renovation.
- Fresh Baked Ideas. // Food Management;Jul2010, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p41
The article discusses innovative baked goods produced at the San Diego State University Bake Shop. According to Chef Julio Armenta, the best part of his job is challenging himself in making new recipes; hence, there is a limited possibility that the university bake shop will become obsolete. It...
- Just in Time for the Holidays... // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p57
Focuses on University of Georgia Food Services department's creation of a cookbook featuring the best catering recipes of its holiday luncheons. Showcase of the culinary talents of the catering staff at the Athens, Georgia-based university; Price.
- NEW PARTICIPATION STRATEGY: U-Georgia lures commuters. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p5
Reports that the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia is luring non-resident students back onto campus for dinner by offering parking lot validation to boost meal plan participation. Number of students that participated in the program; Cost of parking; Promotion of the program.
- The Niche Fills Niche for New UGA Campus. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p17
The article focuses on the opening of the Niche all you-can-eat dining hall at the University of Georgia in Athens (UGA) which attracts students from the main campus because of its cozier dining atmosphere.
- Georgia's res hall pizza concept migrates to retail. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/20/2016, p2
The article reports that the University of Georgia in Athens (UGA) has created the Niche Pizza Co., a hearth oven pizza concept, in its renovated Bulldog CafÃ© food court in the Tate Student Center.