- AS MEAL REPLACEMENTS OR ALL-DAY ADD-ONS: SMOOTHIES GET BIGGER. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p70
Discusses the increasing popularity of smoothies in the U.S. Outlook for the performance of the smoothie market in 2002; Reasons behind the popularity of smoothies; Information on the smoothie programs of food service companies Aramark and Sodexho.
- Cold Front. Aronovich, Hanna // Food & Drink;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p52
The article deals with Tropical Smoothie Cafe, a Destin, Florida-based chain of stores selling smoothies and sandwiches. The company has more than 230 stores across the U.S. Its criteria for selecting franchisees are outlined. According to the company, its mission is to offer consumers...
- SUPPLIERS ROUND-UP. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/18/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4291, p12
Presents news briefs on the food service industry in Great Britain as of September 18, 2003. Pre-tax profit of food group Kerry; Profits of Geest; Overview of the results of a study on sea lice populations in Laxford Bay, conducted by the West Sutherland Fisheries Trust.
- Kerry rebrands Wall's microwave sausages. Askew, Katy // Aroq - Just-Food.com (Global News);10/31/2014, p1
The article presents the reprint of the article "Kerry rebrands Wall's microwave sausages"Aroq-just-food.com" on October 28, 2014. It focuses on the renaming of Kerry rebrands Wall's microwave sausages by the Kerry Group PLC, a leader in global food ingredients, in the Great Britain under a...
- SPOTLIGHT. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p58
Evaluates several products and services related to food service in the U.S. "Servsafe," a food-safety training book published by the National Restaurant Association's Educational Foundation; Jams and jellies from Smuckers; Fusion smoothies from Dannon.
- BLEND YOUR WAY TO PROFITS. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2005, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p102
This article discusses the popularity of smoothies and the types of machines used to make the beverage. The rise of smoothies was driven as a result of three foodservice trends. First, there is the healthful eating trend. Artificial flavors became unpopular and customers demand for fresh fruits....
- SMOOTH OPERATOR. Kyte, Alistair // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2009, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p40
The article focuses on the smoothie business which keeps healthy lifestyles in the marketplace. It provides information on Sam Haider and his wife's Euphoria Smoothies which started their business in 2004 in North Bay, Ontario. It states that after its success in 1999, smoothies quickly became...
- TOLL-FREE HOTLINE. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p120
Provides information on several food products for the food service industry. Salad dressing from Hellmann's and Best Foods; Smoothies from Dannon Away from Home; Dessert topping from Rich's On Top.
- REINVENTING SMOOTHIES. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p70
Relates the enhancements to the smoothie beverages offered by food service operators in the U.S. Smoothie stores opened by Freshen Quality Brands; Mango-based tropical smoothies launched by the company; Sales advantage of operating a smoothie and juice bar.