Indies get a tech edge
- THE EXTRA MILE. Tanyeri, Dana // Restaurant Business;Jun2009, Vol. 108 Issue 6, pFSB11
The article reports on the establishment of Distribution Market Advantage (DMA) to enable shareholders to court chains in the U.S. DMA offers a technology platform called e-Advantage, which gives chains near-real-time visibility in every aspect of their purchasing and distributor performance....
- Bosch's. Pandolfi, Keith // Stage Directions;Feb2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the U.S. distribution agreement entered into by Listen Technologies Corporation with Bosch Security Systems. Products of Bosch to be distributed by Listen to the country; Remarks from executives of the two companies regarding the distribution deal.
- Distribution process control. Coe, Edward // CMA Magazine;Jun92, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p19
Reveals how modern technologies make distribution systems efficient. Components of process control systems in manufacturing; Distribution control process concepts; Fundamentals of distribution system operation; Physical attributes of the distribution control process; Management characteristics;...
- INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTION: Steering Clear of the "Danger Zones". Kenney, Chris; Rourke, Robert; Perry, Darren; Epstein, Kate; Spicer, Brad // American Fastener Journal;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p60
A market research report for U.S. industrial distribution space as of July 2015 is presented from publisher L.E.K. Consulting, with topics including important trends, total shareholder return (2009-14), and the number of U.S. industrial distribution merger and acquisition transactions (2000-14).
- The Key to a Viable Business is Building the Right Supply Team. Epner, Steve // Gases & Welding Distributor;May/Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the technological advancements on the distribution process of goods in the supply chain market in the U.S. Creation of supply teams; Ability of the industry to survive in global competition given the Internet and electronic commerce; Concentration in doing the highest value work;...
- Look who's talking. Aichlmayr, Mary // Transportation & Distribution;Dec2000, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p61
Focuses on the use of voice-directed technology in product distribution. Features of the technology; Process of using the technology; Advantages of the technology compared to basic computer technology; Difference between dependent and independent voice-directed systems.
- New benefits await new technology users. Johnson, Christer; Entler, Joseph // Frontline Solutions;Nov2000, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on electronic business logistics in the United States. Role of collaboration in multi-enterprise supply chains; Attributes of the supply chain of the future include increased focus on capabilities, visibility, flexibility and speed; Application of information technologies to facilitate...
- Going mainstream. Adams, Doug // Progressive Grocer;Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p42
Describes the growing popularity of scan-based trading (SBT), a method of distribution in which the manufacturer owns the product inventory until purchased by the consumer. Introduction of SBT by direct-store-delivery (DSD) companies; Concern about the feasibility of SBT; Use of SBT as a core...
- QR education still needed. Fox, Bruce // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jul94, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p44
Discusses the need for further information drive about quick response (QR) systems in the retail trade industry. Reaction of users in a Quick Response Conference, 1994; Room for improving QR implementations; Need of the industry to make some minor changes to adapt QR in their system.