The Experts Weigh in
- Be Smart! Be a Part of Safety Month. Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2000, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p100
Provides information on the efforts of the food service industry to promote food safety. Education campaigns on food safety; Theme of the Annual National Food Safety Education Month for year 2000; Public awareness in the proper food handling procedures.
- International Food Safety Congress: Education in proper techniques can stamp out food-borne illness. Farquharson // Nation's Restaurant News;12/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p32
Comments on food-safety issues. Need to educate employees in proper food handling techniques; International Food Safety Council's hosting of the International Food Safety Congress 2000 in Orlando, Florida.
- BY AUDITING SUPPLIERS: ENSURING SAFE SUPPLIES. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p88
Discusses the role of food safety and sanitation in the purchasing and receiving of food supplies. Increase in the number of food service operators who audit their vendors as of June 2002; Details of proper food auditing; Factors related to food safety issues.
- Every Kitchen's Dirty Little Secret: Cardboard-Bacteria Superstore and Roach Motel. Krall, Ken // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar2003, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p24
Discusses momentum growth in time, temperature and basic food handling and increased awareness in food service industry in the United States. Information on the most neglected medium of contamination; Description of the cross-contamination; Recommendation for improving food safety and food...
- Beware the Ever-Present Norovirus. Mann, Jim // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p62
The article offers information on the implications of nororvirus on food safety. According to the author, noroviruses are group of common contaminants that cause gastroenteritis which is believed to be the causes of gastroenterities incidents. In addition, the author notes that noroviruses are...
- Don't Trust -- Verify. Norton, Char // Food Management;Feb2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p68
Once the structure for a HACCP program is in place, one needs to verify that the system is working as intended. Once the monitoring procedures have been set for a HACCP program and identified specific corrective actions to take when there is a failure to meet established critical limits, the...
- Not Documented? It Didn't Happen. Sklare, Steven // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2012, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p64
The article focuses on the need for food safety and documentation at foodservice operations. It is noted that a food safety plan is needed for preparing food to be served to the public irrespective of the size of the foodservice operation. It is mnetioned that state health department officials...
- PRINCIPLES OF A HEALTHY KITCHEN. TAYAR, Mustafa // International Journal of Health & Nutrition;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p18
In today's world, extreme precautions must be taken for food hygiene issues in order to decrease food poisoning cases. Secure food processing is the process of purification of food from physical, chemical and biological artifacts, with certain controlling steps involved during the production....
- Risky Business. Wellman, David // Frozen Food Age;Jul2003, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p8
Presents an article about the risks associated with the food industry in the U.S. Safety issues surrounding the industry; Sanitation-related problems in food preparation; Responsibility of the industry to consumers.