- Metz's preferred dining program. // Food Management;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p12
Reports about the Preferred Dining program for hospital rooms by Metz & Associates.
- 3 SITES BY YEAR'S END: Metz closes meal time gap. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the Preferred Dining program created by Metz & Associates Ltd. designed to increase patient satisfaction. Information on the program works; Focus and goal of the program.
- METZ MEETS THEIR NEEDS: PENNSYLVANIA STUDENTS LEARN NUTRITION. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p8
Reports on how registered dietitians employed by Metz & Associates help school children in Pennsylvania districts learn about nutrition and form good eating habits at an early age. Remarks from Kathy Gonzalez, director of nutrition education services at Metz; Goal of 'The Forum for...
- CONTRACTOR NOTES. // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p11
Presents updates on the food service industry in the U.S. as of April 15, 2005. Program launched by Sodexho USA for all Spanish-speaking frontline employees; Rating received by the dining management team of Metz & Associates at Clarion, Pennsylvania Hospital from Avatar; Honors received by...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;Jul2002, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p14
Reports developments related to restaurants in the U.S. as of July 2002. Implementation of nutrition and Headstart programs; Opening of fast-food franchises on hospitals; Expansion of foodservice outlets.
- Hospital Food Keeps Patients Coming Back: Physicians rate quality of major hospital meals. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1999, Issue 79, p5
Reports on results of a survey conducted by the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine of Washington, D.C. on the availability of healthful foods at top hospitals in the United States. Institutions offering cholesterol-free, low-fat meals for their patients; Reversal program pioneered...
- Special hospital menu designed for children adds colour and spice. // Paediatric Nursing;Mar2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that Newham University Hospital National Health Service (NHS) Trust in London, England offers children a specialty menu that features colorful and flavorful foods.
- Hospital meals should be part of clinical care. Ferriman, Annabel // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/24/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7191, p1098
Recommends that food provision in hospitals should be considered as part of the clinical care rather than a hotel function, according to the report by the Nuffield Trust. Significance of food in clinical treatment; Proposition to include nutritional care in the clinical governance framework.
- The heart of the matter: Study on trans fat makes blood curdle but accelerates change. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;2/20/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p27
The article presents a survey released by the Center for Science in the Public Interest which shows that top hospitals in the U.S. were serving their staff, visitors and some patients foods prepared with partially hydrogenated oil. Trans fat is known to attack heart in a two-pronged fashion....