Storming the Hill
- What's Ahead for School Menus. // Food Management;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p16
Information about several papers discussed at the School Nutrition Association's annual Child Nutrition Industry Conference in January 2008 in the U.S. is presented. One of the speakers, Bill Wagoner reviewed the findings of several recently released studies of child nutrition programs and...
- School Nutrition Directors Prepare for 2009. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p14
Information about the School Nutrition Association (SNA) annual National Conference at the Philadelphia Convention Center held on July 20-23, 2008 in Pennsylvania is presented. Topics discussed include the challenges that confront SNA, the association's commitment on providing healthy and...
- fm agenda. // Food Management;Mar2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p15
A calendar of events in the U.S. from April 14-June 3, 2009 is presented which includes the National Automatic Merchandising Association (NAMA) Spring Expo, School Nutrition Association (SNA) National Leadership Conference, and American Society for Healthcare Food Service Administration (ASHFSA)...
- Storming the Hill. // Food Management;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p8
Information about several topics discussed at the School Nutrition Association's annual Legislative Action Conference in April 2011 is presented.
- Exploring New Horizons. // FoodService Director;9/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p27
The article discusses the highlights of the 66th Annual National Conference of the School Nutrition Association held in July 2012.
- Oh, Canada: Operators optimistic despite nat'l. tax, labor woes. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p6
Highlights topics discussed during the 58th annual convention of the Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association held in Toronto, Ontario. Problems facing restaurant operators; Expectations on the financial performance of restaurants for 2003; Problems facing restaurant employers.
- Customers find comfort in chefs' new looks for old favorites. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p46
Focuses on issues discussed by a panel of food experts convened during the 2002 Nation's Restaurant News Culinary Research and Development Conference. Popularity of comfort foods on restaurant menus; Promotion of cooking techniques on restaurant chain menus.
- Menu makers say food flavors mark customer returns. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p51
Focuses on issues discussed by a panel of chefs during the 2002 Nation's Restaurant News Culinary Research and Development Conference. Role of taste as the driving factor for product development; Importance of the name of the product being sold and the way it was marketed.
- Hunger for new tastes drives Caribbean menu influences. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p51
Focuses on issues discussed by a panel of food experts during the 2002 Nation's Restaurant News Culinary Research and Development Conference. Popularity of Caribbean and Florribean influences on menus in the U.S.; Introduction of tropical ingredients to consumers.