Tabletop Expo gives small businesses a way to shine
- Smart Marketing in Slow Times. Castor, Amy // BusinessWest;11/10/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p14
The article offers marketing tips and strategies in the face of financial and economic crises in the U.S. Some small businesowners are taking a wait-and-see-how-bad-it-gets approach before they alter their strategies. Others who get a chance to sit down and meet with customers need to listen...
- Women's Leadership Alliance breakfast stresses networking. Keegan, Theresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/30/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p14
The article focuses on issues and topics that will be discussed during the Women's Leadership Alliance annual meeting on April 2, 2012 in Hudson River Valley, New York. According to Judith Papo, one of the members of the panel, as a woman who owns a small business, it is important to share...
- Bank bailout a game changer. Woolard, Charlotte // B to B;3/9/2009, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p16
The article focuses on the impact of financial crises on financial institutions and b-to-b marketers. Senior vice president at MarketBridge Inc. Scott Gillum stated that financial institutions have been notorious for relationship marketing. It discusses the benefits of the crises for small...
- Hinsdale agents resist buyouts. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;6/28/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p26
No abstract available.
- Exhibitions, tradeshows rebounding from 9/11 lows. Genn, Adina // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/4/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 19, p25A
The article highlights the growth of trade shows as a way for small businesses to promote their products and services in New York. For instance, New York Barrier Reef Pools and Custom Masonry exhibits at tradeshows for a one-on-one and personal time in front of prospects. Consumer shows are...
- SCORE offers top 10 secrets for small business success in 2010. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/18/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p4
The article offers information on the success secrets from experts at SCORE that can help small businesses thrive, which include growing the firm's customer base, surrounding the company with experts and creating experiences that attracts customers.
- Focus Simplifies Marketing To Minority-Owned Businesses. Fongemie, Claude // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/20/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 42, p14
Focuses on the development of differentiated marketing programs for ethnic-owned small businesses in California. Pronouncements on the rapid growth of ethnic-owned business; Lack of experience in differentiating their products; Appropriate connections with minority businesses in their marketing...
- Scraping by. Baraba, Sarah // Collinsville Herald;9/14/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 37, pA3
The article looks at how some small business owners in Illinois deal with the economic crisis as of September 14, 2011, including Shirl K Floral designs owner Kathy Hamilton's downsizing of her staff and Uptown Yoga owner Suzanne Sweet's reducing the number of classes offered.
- K���K VE ORTA �L�EKLI ISLETMELERDE (KOBI) FINANSAL SORUNLAR: KARS ILINDE BIR UYGULAMA. ZENGIN, Yunus; AYKIRI, Murat // Kafkas University, Journal of Economics & Administrative Science;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p91
As in all world economies, when the studies, related to small and medium sized enterprises which occupy an important place also in our country's economy, are analyzed, financial problems take the first place among the problems that these organizations encounter. Financial problems emerge as...