Weathering the Economic Downturn
- Win by exceeding your customers' expectations. Luquire, Hans // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/27/95, Vol. 196 Issue 13, p7
Advises heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) businesses to exceed their customers' expectations. Business advantage of being in the HVAC industry; Raising of the customers' expectations.
- New contractor thinking, old common sense. Richgels, Chris // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;09/22/97, Vol. 202 Issue 4, p36
Cites reasons for the claim that offering extended service contracts can enhance the profit for heating, ventilation and air conditioning contractors. Provision of a guarantee for a service customer; Guaranteed profit on labor; Guaranteed profits on parts; Ability to add value to the company.
- How to run a profitable hvac company. King, Ruth // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/03/97, Vol. 202 Issue 10, p8
Offers tips to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (hvac) entrepreneurs on fine-tuning contracting companies. Three major functions of all hvac businesses; Best source for new business; Importance of accurate financial statements; Improving customer service.
- Successful strategies for profitable survival. Collier, Ron // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/03/97, Vol. 202 Issue 10, p16
Offers successful operating strategies to heating, ventilating and air conditioning contractors. Includes revision of pricing at least every six months; Focus on marketing; Controlling the costs of doing business.
- Government incentives a boon to midstate HVAC companies. Veronikis, Eric // Central Penn Business Journal;5/7/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the implications of Pennsylvania's government incentives towards its heating and ventilation industry companies.
- The pathology of flat rates. Secor, Ken // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/7/94, Vol. 193 Issue 10, p22
Presents perspectives on flat-rate pricing schemes. Effectiveness of all solid business fundamentals; Creation of a fertile environment for heating and ventilation industries.
- In a Word: Service. Skaer, Mark // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/11/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 2, p26
The article presents a company profile of Morris-Jenkins Co. owned by Dewey Jenkins in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company is recognized as a service business with 130 employees, making sure that they provide customer satisfaction. Their business strategy and philosophy helped the company...
- Don't Just Plug in Last Year's Plan. Pulizzi, Joe // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/18/2010, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p9
The article presents the author's perspectives on the need for businesses to take fresh measures in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry in the U.S.
- Be Resolute in 2010. Murphy, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/18/2010, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p22
In this article the author presents lists of resolutions in the heating, ventilation and air condition (HVAC) industry in the U.S. in 2010, including the need to make a strategic business plan, increase sales and recycle more refrigerant.