Clinical Pearls in Perioperative Medicine
- Antibiotic prophylaxis in elective laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Catarci, M.; Mancini, S.; Gentiteschi, P.; Camptone, C.; Siteri, P.; Grassi, G. B. // Surgical Endoscopy;Apr2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p638
Background: The need to administer antibiotic prophylaxis (ABP) during laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) is still a matter of significant controversy. The purpose of this study was to resolve this issue by performing a meta-analysis of the available randomized controlled trials (RCT) on this...
- Lower third molars. Dhanrajani, Parmananad; Smith, Mark // National Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery;Jul2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p245
There has always been a debate whether to remove or leave asymptomatic mesioangular impacted lower third molars. The present short communication discusses the merit of prophylactic removal to avoid clinical complications in future and the consequences to second molars.
- Antworten zu den Fragen zu Probiotika bei gastrointestinalen Erkrankungen aus PRAXIS Nr. 17. // Praxis (16618157);9/19/2012, Vol. 101 Issue 18, p1213
No abstract available.
- Pustular diseases of the skin. Spinks, Julian // Pulse;9/16/2009, Vol. 69 Issue 29, p24
The article presents questions and answers related HIV testing including how reliable the HIV test, the concept of post-exposure prophylaxis and the immediate measures to manage HIV positive tests.
- Secondary high blood pressure usually curable. Donohue, Paul G. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/14/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 139, p6
The article presents questions and answers about the medical explanation of high blood pressure and the complication in diabetes.
- Low-level laser therapy supported teeth extractions of two patients receiving IV zolendronate. Kan, Bahadır; Altay, Mehmet; Taşar, Ferda; Akova, Murat // Lasers in Medical Science;Sep2011, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p569
BRONJ (bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of jaws) is a frequently encountered disease, particularly in the maxillofacial region, and a consequence of bisphosphonate use. Treatment of BRONJ remains controversial, as efficiency of medical and surgical approaches as well as a combination of...
- Endoscopy procedures fall under surgical codes. Painter, Ray // Urology Times;1/1/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p26
The article presents questions and answers related to endoscopy procedures and Cystoscopy. One person asks to know if the code 52000 is listed as a surgical procedure or a scope code. Another questions related to billing for a cystoscopy, laser lithotripsy of bladder stone, and endoscopy of...
- Sally's helpline. Drury, Sally // Horticulture Week;3/9/2012, p40
The article presents questions and answers related to respirators and methods to control rabbits.
- Vascular access self-assessment. // Nursing Standard;3/9/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p54
Presents trivia related to vascular access device in Great Britain.