IP Video Systems Reduce Budgets While Expanding Capabilities
- PROJECTS in the News. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2011, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p122
The article offers news briefs related to corporate projects in the U.S. including the deployment of Internet Protocol (IP) technology by Saint Cloud, Minnesota-based Bernick's Beverages & Vending and the installation of Brivo ACS WebService system into the Whole Foods Market Inc. warehouse.
- PROJECT INTEGRATION: THE VIDEO EDGE. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p67
Reports on the advancement of video integration with alarm and access control systems. Advantages of the video integration; Applicability of video integration not just for commercial and governmental installations but also for homeowners and municipalities where police no longer dispatch unless...
- Remote Video Auditing Creates Value. Kerley, Christina // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2004, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the convenience of remote video auditing (RVA) in today's marketplace. Application of RVA to track events, breaches and business practices at customer locations; Advantages of using RVA; Description of the RVA software.
- Automated, Real-time Digital Video Content Analysis. // Government Security;Dec2005, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p24
This article presents information on the Lenel IntelligentVideoâ„¢ which offers real-time digital video content analysis. It is informed that Lenel IntelligentVideo has the ability to recognize, analyze and classify objects in live and captured video. Lenel IntelligentVideo can be customized...
- Watch and Learn. Shaver, John Michael // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jun2007, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p26
The article offers information on the video surveillance industry and latest technologies used in the field. It is mentioned that due to the increasing competition in the industry, surveillance equipment are now available at affordable prices with various technological improvements. Several...
- Motorola system monitors high school. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p58
Reports the installation of integrated digital video systems by Motorola Multiservice Networks Division in Mansfield, Massachusetts. Features of the device; Use of device to monitor student activities of a Massachusetts High School.
- False Alarms--False Hope? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the security alarm industry's struggle in the U.S. to reduce false security alarms. Need for proper allocation of resources by the security alarm industry; Impact of false security alarms on the security alarm industry.
- Product Solutions Outdoor Protection. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p8
Features products for outdoor protection chosen by 'Security Magazine' editors. Philips' AutoDome camera; Silent Witness' V294A Angledome wedge style camera; Senstar-Stellar Corp.'s Perimitrax, an outdoor buried cable intrusion detection sensor; Delta Scientific's IP500 portable barriers.
- Extending the Perimeter. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Reports that security buyers have extended the perimeter monitored by electronic security systems. Increase use of sensors and detectors; Shift from contracted central station to monitoring to proprietary monitoring; Technology advances since September 11th.