Digital Camera Forensics
- Restoring Video Evidence. // Government Security;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses video forensics employed by law enforcement in Rhode Island to improve the image quality of videos which capture crimes being committed. Security videos are frequently of poor quality, making it difficult it identify key evidence that may have been captured. The Rhode...
- Life Of Crime Just Got Tougher. // Popular Mechanics;Jul2001, Vol. 178 Issue 7, p16
Introduces the Trace Evidence Concentrator, a device used to extract, lift and separate crime trace materials.
- Analysis of various Exemplar-based methods. Bijwe, Rashmi P.; Deshmukh, P. R. // International Journal of Computer Technology & Applications;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p332
Image in painting is a technique used to automatically recover the damaged or missing regions in digital images or used to remove the unwanted objects from images. Many researchers have proposed a large variety of exemplar based image in painting algorithms to restore the structure and texture...
- CIMAWARE SOFTWARE LAUNCHES MICROSOFT ACCESS RECOVERY SOFTWARE. // Productivity Software;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the launch of Microsoft Access database recovery software AccessFIX 3.0 by Spain-based Cimaware Software. Functionality of the software on damaged files; Download versions available for AccessFIX 3.0; Utilities available for damaged file recovery under OfficeFIX suite offered by the...
- Tivoli offers data recoverability. Lelii, Sonia R.; Musich, Paula // PC Week;07/19/99, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p95
Focuses on TivData Protection for Workgroups, data recovery software released by Tivoli Systems Inc. Capabilities of the software, including a full system recovery; Cost and contact information.
- Faster data recovery. // Management Services;Oct2000, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p24
Ontrack Inc. has released its data recovery software, EasyRecovery. The software has an enhanced recovery engine which accelerates the whole process and a new graphical user interface which guides users throughout the process. The professional edition supports all Windows versions and the...
- Managing major case investigations. Sullivan, Michael J. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Jan1998, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p1
Discusses suggestions which provide basic guidelines for managing the complexities of a major case investigation. Use of all available personnel; Development of a checklist; Focus on the evidence; Familiarization with the scene of the crime; Maintenance of a supervisory log of events.
- Crimefighters find clues in coatings. Bailey, Jane M. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jun96, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on crime clues found in paint coatings. Transfer material; Techniques in analyzing the coatings; Paint-related crime cases; Comments from crime evidence analysts.
- A New Approach of Digital Forensic Model for Digital Forensic Investigation. Ademu, Inikpi O.; Imafidon, Chris O.; Preston, David S. // International Journal of Advanced Computer Science & Application;Dec2011, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p175
The research introduces a structured and consistent approach for digital forensic investigation. Digital forensic science provides tools, techniques and scientifically proven methods that can be used to acquire and analyze digital evidence. The digital forensic investigation must be retrieved to...