A Strategic Plan: Your Roadmap to Success
- Sharing Responsibilities. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2004, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p66
Reports on the formation by the American Management Association (AMA) of a security council which brings together experts in security, crisis management, and business continuity to discuss security trends and challenges affecting U.S. businesses. Remarks from Virginia O'Connor, AMA vice...
- How Secure Is Your Brand, Company? // Food Logistics;Oct2004, Issue 72, p8
Focuses on the inclusion of security initiatives in a food company's corporate strategy. Highlights of a study on the importance of security investments by Deloitte & Touche USA LLP; Security and business benefits of complying with security regulations in the U.S.; Sources of security threats...
- Security Officers as a Business Strategy. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2007, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p79
The article focuses on the views of executives from managed security service providers in the U.S. on including security officers in the firm's business strategy. Mimi Lanfranchi of AlliedBarton Security Services, mentions the steps in choosing contract security providers that will protect...
- Businesses should pay more attention to software security. Greene, Tim // Network World;2/20/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p12
The article focuses on the importance of business enterprises to pay more interest and significance to computer software security in the U.S. The problem of companies lies on their failure to ask about the security of the commercial software they are using. Washington Mutual Inc. chief...
- When disaster strikes. Mehling, Herman // eWeek;11/27/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p21
The article talks about the importance of business enterprises' gaining of a recovery and business continuity plans. Accordingly, companies can minimize the worst possible disruptions to their businesses and the lives of their employees by creating disaster recovery and business continuity...
- The Essentials of Continuity. Morris, Barbara A.; Hess, Steven G. // Insurance Advocate;02/24/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p2
Highlights the importance of planning to ensure continuous business operations in the case of disaster. Disasters which may affect business operations; Information on Continuity Centers; Consequences of a temporary business closure.
- Plan to make more money a year from now. Rosenzweig, Stan // Westchester County Business Journal;3/28/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p43
Discusses the importance of business planning. Need to schedule time for thinking and planning because business is constantly changing; Questions that every managers should ask themselves in order to outline the importance of planning; Need to redefine both the competition and the customer.
- New Growth. Horwath, Rich // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Sep2010, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses the importance of robust strategic planning for business management and offers suggestions on making fail proof strategic plans for business success amid financial crunches.
- Why your company needs a strategic plan. MacVicar, Duncan // Laser Focus World;Oct96, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p105
Offers advice on how to develop a strategic plan for a business. How to prepare a plan; Communicating the strategic plan once it is developed; Elements of an effective strategic plan. INSET: Drawing up your strategic plan.