Food Service Security Sets the Table
- Taking a mousetrap out of the closet. Raffio, Ralph // Restaurant Business;9/1/95, Vol. 94 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the aggressiveness of foodservice operators in fighting crime and to protect their business. Installation of surveillance cameras in all corners of the restaurants; Putting up of signs that tell arriving customers what precautions are being taken to ensure their safety; Effectiveness...
- Catch me if you can. SHUCK, STEPHEN // Nation's Restaurant News;1/28/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p76
The article reports on restaurant operators' efforts to improve their loss-prevention programs and prevent scams and internal theft and fraud. Several preventive measures implemented by restaurants include camera-based point-of-sale system and pre-employment integrity screening. Commer Beverage...
- Customer satisfaction: Security. Walkup // Nation's Restaurant News;09/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p102
Focuses on initiatives of United States restaurant operators to address the security concerns of employees and customers. Security program; Creation of departments of loss prevention; Internal control systems; Interactive video camera monitoring; Policies on rear doors; Time-delay safes; Driver...
- To catch a thief. Sympson, Ron // Restaurant Business;9/1/95, Vol. 94 Issue 13, p72
Reports on the security measures implemented by restaurant companies to deter incidences of theft. Measures to prevent employee theft; Reasons why it is important to go public with security; Management's demand that internal thievery be reduced; Amount stolen by restaurant employees per year;...
- Keeping the "I" in Identification. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2010, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p76
The article discusses the manifestations of the improved use of the national identification (ID) card program in health care, casinos, education, and city government in the U.S. in line with the heightened awareness of ensuring security practices to avoid identity fraud. It elaborates how the...
- It's not just a cost of doing business. // Internal Auditor;Oct94, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p9
Suggests a number of steps to follow in order to eliminate company losses from fraud and theft by employees.
- AVOIDING IDENTITY THEFT. // Western Criminologist;Fall2011, p3
The article presents tips on how to prevent identity theft and friendly fraud which includes guiding personal information, keeping social security number confidential, and memorizing passwords and personal identification (PIN) numbers.
- Experian to Unveil Tool to Safeguard Older Accounts. Fitzgerald, Kate // American Banker;6/28/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 99, p6
The article reports Experian PLC's subsidiary in Costa Mesa, California plans to launch a fraud detection service called Precise ID Customer Management on June 30, 2011 that enhances its Precise ID software for preventing identity fraud.
- Employee relationships: Fraud, trust, and control. Juneja, Ravi // CMA Magazine;May93, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p31
Discusses employee relationships and fraud. Billions of dollars defrauded each year; Lack of physical security and poor inventory controls as main contributors; Perceptions of owners/managers; Implementation of sensible, cost-effective and practical internal controls; Identification of areas...