'Sweethearts' Get Video No Sale
- Big Y Rolling Out Service That Flags 'Sweethearting'. Garry, Michael // SN: Supermarket News;2/9/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p33
The article reports that Big Y Foods Inc. is deploying a service in 35 of its 56 stores in Massachusetts that analyzes video feeds from overhead cameras to determine whether cashiers are deliberately not scanning products in the parlance of loss prevention executives. Big Y plans to use the...
- Smart Video Systems Cut BOB Loss. Garry, Michael // SN: Supermarket News;4/19/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 16, p45
The article discusses the importance of smart video systems to minimize and prevent shoplifting or bottom-of-the-basket (BOB) theft in stores. It offers information how ShopRite stores utilizes the LaneHawk system from Evolution Robotics Retail to determine the decline in stealing and prevent...
- Video's Security Attraction. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Discusses findings of the 'Security' and 'SDM' magazines' research of buyers which showed that video surveillance is the preferred type of security product. Advantages of video surveillance; Technology advances; Buyers' interest on Internet-based video surveillance systems.
- Policing the Grocery Store. // Time;9/16/1966, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p113
The article focuses on 52-year old Police Chief Stanley Schrotel in Cincinnati, Ohio, who has been hired by Cincinnati-based grocery chain Kroger Co. as the head of its security system. It notes that Kroger has decided to ask assistance from Schrotel because the company had already lost over...
- MINIMAL IMPACT FROM LIKELY HOAX. Rich, Katherine // SupermarketNews;Apr2015, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p10
The article offers the author's insights on the issue of food safety and consumer protection in the grocery sector in New Zealand. Topics discussed include the vital role of supermarkets in promoting food safety and security among shoppers, the use of closed-circuit television (CCTV) in...
- Day, Night, Round the Clock. Poremba, Marquette // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p80
The article provides tips to consider in purchasing a day/night camera security system. It states that choosing and installing day/night cameras is challenging and it is important to consider the technical challenges which include sensors, pixels, and lenses. It notes that it is also important...
- Perishables Return to Big Y. ANGRISANI, CAROL // Supermarket News Exclusive Insight;11/ 2/2011, p8
The article reports that all Big Y locations are operating after an October 2011 snowstorm hit Big Y's operating areas in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- A company with heart. Bay, Suzanne // BusinessWest;Jan95, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p9
Features family-owned business enterprise Big Y. Company's background; Management team; Market; Investment in youth; Investment in employees.
- CONTENT ANALYSIS: Promises, Promises. Guler, Sadiye; Witte, Bruce De // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p54
Focuses on the use of video content analysis (VCA) or VCA technology for surveillance systems. Advantages of the use of VCA technology; Requirement of an integrated system examination of the end user's current video security system; Integration of VCA system with security monitoring systems. ...