- As Its Own Sale Progresses, Thomson Learning Acquires College Web-Based Tools Provider Aplia. // Educational Marketer;3/5/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1
The article announces the acquisition of Aplia, a college Web-based tools provider, by Thomson Learning Corp. in the U.S. Harris Morris, chief strategy officer for Thomson, states that the acquisition was a natural progress of its strategic partnership with Aplia. Aplia also has teamed up with...
- Thomson Learning Acquires Forbes Academic Custom Publishing Div. // Educational Marketer;05/01/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the acquisition of academic custom publishing division of Forbes Inc. by Thomson Learning.
- Thomson acquires Mexican publisher. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on Stamford, Connecticut-based Thomson Learning's acquisition of North America-based higher-education, business and economics publisher ECAFSA.
- Lindon-based Galton Technologies to be sold to Connecticut company. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/11/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p1
Reports on Thomson Learning's acquisition of Galton Technologies Inc. Terms of agreement; History of Galton Technologies; Expected benefits from the acquisition; Nature of business of the two companies.
- Riverdeep, Houghton Mifflin and Thomson Stir More M&A Activity Than Has Been Seen Since 2001. // Educational Marketer;11/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p1
The article reports development of merger and acquisition activity in the educational publishing industry. Thomson Learning Corp. and Houghton Mifflin Co. have the potential to account for the acquisition amounting to $10 billion in 2006. Also, a Riverdeep Inc. and Houghton agreed to create a...
- Thomson Learning Acquires ARCO For Its Peterson's Test-Prep Division. // Educational Marketer;06/19/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p3
Announces the acquisition of ARCO, a publisher of educational materials, by Thomson Learning.
- Thomson Learning boss greets private equity with open arms. Chillingworth, Mark // Information World Review;Jun2007, Issue 236, p2
This article reports that Thomson Learning chief executive officer (CEO) Tom Davy has welcomed the acquisition of his company by venture capitalist Apax Partners. Davy explained that the deal is the best thing for the company and its content. He said that a venture capital company was a better...
- ARCO Now Part of Peterson's. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/19/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 25, p20
Focuses on Thomson Learning company's acquisition of the assets of ARCO from IDG Books company. Terms of the deal; Background on the acquisition of ARCO by IDG Books; Plans of Thomson for ARCO.
- PRIVATE EQUITY PERSONALITY. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, pW26
The article reports on Jacqueline Reses, the head of the U.S. media group at Apax Partners & Co. Reses is one of the few women in the upper reaches of the private equity world. Earlier in 2007, she led the Apax team that won one of the most competitive private equity deals of recent years, the...