Prentice Hall, ETS Technologies Team Up To Offer Essay Grader
- Diagnostic assessment-the new frontier. // Journal of Developmental Education;Spring94, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p54
Discusses diagnostic assessment as a way to broaden information provided by tests. Diagnostic components.
- THE SCENE AT MHS. // Munday Courier (TX);10/22/2008, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p4
The article offers information on the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) tests.
- Parapsychological abstracts. Feather, Sally // Journal of Parapsychology;Dec96, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p364
Presents an abstract of the article `Selection versus influence revisited: New method and conclusions,' by Y.H. Dobyns from the Journal of Scientific Exploration dated 1996. Changes done on the previous paper of the author in 1993; Qualitative conclusions.
- The effects of format differences and computer experience... Dimock, Paul H. // Measurement & Evaluation in Counseling & Development (American C;Oct91, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p119
Focuses on the two experiments that determine whether the scores obtained using a computerized test would differ significantly from the scores obtained using the standard paper-and-pencil format of the test, in order to determine if two formats can be considered equivalent. Methods used in the...
- Humanistic grading criteria for essay examinations. Ebersole, Peter // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun94, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p1010
Proposes a humanistic grading criteria for essay examinations. Accuracy; Clarity of organization; Complexity of expression; Creativity.
- ETS Pulls Back ETS Technologies Into its Nonprofit Fold. // Educational Marketer;2/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the consolidation of the ETS Technologies Inc. business unit of Educational Testing Service in the U.S. Relocation of ETS Technologies employees; Products developed by the company; Reasons of consolidating the business unit.
- Our tests, ourselves. Schuster, Edgar H. // Education Week;04/08/98, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p34
Opinion. Focuses on the results of tests given by educators. Examples of test questions; s students; Contention of educators in the reinforcement of concepts to students; Result of a research on the strategies of English teachers.
- High-Stakes Tests Called Accurate Gauge of Performance. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;2/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p9
Reports on study by the Manhattan Institute regarding the influence of accountability programs on the schools' high stakes test results. Criticism faced by the study; Statement given by an education professor at Arizona State University, Gene V. Glass on the results of the study; Places being...
- Roiled by Rankings. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;2/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the ranking of school systems from best to worst from the test results declared by the Connecticut Department of Education. Reason for the ranking; Criticism faced by the department; Statement given by the department spokesman Thomas Murphy on the evaluation.